Senior Global Trade Compliance Analyst
The Senior Global Trade Compliance Analyst supports the maintenance and continuous improvement of the trade compliance program. This position serves as the subject matter expert on the interpretation of regulatory requirements for import and export activities and monitors adherence to company trade compliance policies and procedures.
Under general direction with minimal supervision and in accordance with all applicable government laws, regulations and ASP policies, procedures and guidelines, this position will:
- Monitor export and import compliance processes to ensure compliance with trade compliance requirements and regulations.
- Review and resolve any SAP GTS holds, maintain trade compliance data in GTS, apply for and manage export licenses.
- Perform export and customs classification, country of origin, valuation, and other trade compliance responsibilities.
- Help to identify potential trade compliance risks and operational/duty mitigation opportunities and assist in developing compliance standard work and educational training information.
- Work with and monitor third party providers to meet operational and compliance requirements and make continuous improvements to ensure timely and accurate customs and export clearance releases.
- Assist in creating and improving data creation and reporting, metrics-KPIs, and dashboards.
- Support duty savings opportunities including free trade agreements, foreign trade zones and duty drawback.
- Support trade compliance internal audit processes.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication across teams regarding shipment status.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Ensure records are properly retained and internal import and export record keeping procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of customs, export, import and trade compliance experience.
- Advanced, working knowledge of import/export and sanction regulations and requirements.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized; ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Advanced knowledge of customs HTS and export classification, duty savings programs, and export/import processes and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in trade compliance management systems.
- Detailed oriented and highlight organized, ability to multi-task several tasks and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, decision, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in medical-life science industry is a plus.
Fortive Corporation Overview
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 18,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
Come join our team at Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) and be part of a global leader in infection prevention solutions for the healthcare industry. With advanced products, technologies, and workflows for medical sterilization and disinfection, ASP is dedicated to defending the lives of patients, families, healthcare workers, providers, and communities. Add your talent to our extraordinary team and help us in our mission to make healthcare safer for everyone. ASP is based in Irvine, California with core sites in Everett, Washington and Schaffhausen, Switzerland plus many more offices around the world.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.
Irvine, CA: The salary range for this position is $75,785- $140,875
National: The salary range for this position is $65,900- $122,500
This position is also eligible for bonus as part of the total compensation package.
Base pay offered may vary depending on various factors, including, but not limited to: job-related knowledge; skills; experience; and other eligibility factors such as geographic location. The Total Rewards package includes competitive base pay and an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.