Export Pricing/Operations Specialist
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 40 - 45 hours/week
LOCATION: This position may work 100% remotely from almost anywhere in the USA. East Coast preferred.
Success at OL USA is dependent on our dynamic workforce. We’re currently seeking a Hybrid Export Pricing/Operations Specialist to manage our ocean cargo bookings. This Specialist will respond to customer inquiries, furnish the best rates for customers, verify, and distribute invoices, prepare, and distribute accurate documents, as well as record and trace all shipments.
- Arranges cargo with ocean carriers (NVOCC), truckers and drayage companies in a timely manner.
- Seek the most profitable mode of transportation while meeting the customer’s requirements for the movement of their cargo.
- Provides rate quotes
- Negotiates rates with carriers, with minimal supervision
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to ensure proper movement and delivery.
- Communicate with customers regarding the disposition of cargo
- Provide the accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Produce and distribute complete booking confirmations.
- Disseminate ship, motor, or rail carrier information to other offices.
- Other traffic functions that may be assigned.
- 3+ years of export operations experience. Some import operations experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of quoting/pricing export shipments including profitability margins.
- Strong knowledge of the booking process with ocean carriers (NVOCC), truckers and drayage companies.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with clients, carriers, the pricing team and other teammates.
- Creative and effective problem solver.
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
About Ol-usa Llc
OL USA is one of the fastest growing privately held International Logistics companies in the world. We streamline global commerce with our vast array of services and network of agents in over 140 countries, making us truly local, around the world.
We are headquartered in New York and have 15 domestic offices, 3 international offices, and dedicated partners strategically located across the globe. Our experience, expertise, resources, and market knowledge make us a truly global logistics solutions provider.
We are dedicated to maintaining and providing solutions to all our client's logistical needs. Our market advantage comes from our creative and individualized solutions combined with our technology to track and manage our customer shipments with the highest accuracy.
- Competitive healthcare benefits with a substantial company contribution, including medical, dental, vision.
- Life and AD&D, employer-paid
- Short- and Long-Term Disability; employer-paid
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, 9 sick/mental health leave days
- Company holidays and other leave policies
OL-USA values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.