Logistics Analyst- Remote
The Logistics Analyst - Planning will support the analytics, strategy, and reporting for the Harbor Freight Transportation team. With over 55,000+ deliveries annually, the Senior Logistics Analyst - Planning will be responsible for standardizing, harmonizing, and analyzing Logistics data across various modes of transportation; developing and implementing service and delivery strategies for designated channels; and the need to conduct quantitative analysis to make independent decisions in accordance with the company’s delivery strategies and objectives. The position will require a service mindset collaborating with many stakeholders including Distribution, Inventory, Store Operations, Finance, and carriers to identify and implement reporting solutions that will provide analysis that drives efficiencies and improves overall effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting Logistics Strategies and planning with a focus on Outbound, International, & Omni Channel logistics
- Creating mind maps and SOPs for different groups
- Support and create KPIs for the business using Excel, Tableau and other platforms.
- Detailed tracking and reporting for transportation and store delivery
- Data and trend analysis
- Generate weekly and monthly Inbound / Outbound KPIs
- Drive metric enhancements
- Develop scorecards, dashboards, and exception reports to pinpoint service and cost opportunities
- Develop and maintain the Logistics solutions library
- Collaborate with department members to provide insight to help maintain the appropriate DC Safety Stock levels for all items
- Provide delivery strategies to cross-functional departments to assist in all special needs as requested.
- Analyze and make recommendations on improved delivery performance
- Support the negotiation and management of all carrier and 3PL contracts, including Truckload, Less Than Truckload (LTL), ocean, and Intermodal
- Analyze and report on domestic outbound transportation activities and financial budgets ($100+MM)
- Must have capability to develop, manage and maintain operating budgets
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
- Regular Attendance is a requirement of the position
- Support and lead network & sub-optimal design analysis
- Engineer new transportation modes to service stores
- Assist in coordinating projects & Transportation initiatives
- Create written standard operating procedures with visualized flow charts
- Support exploring different transportation IT platforms such as TMS or dynamic routing
- Support Asset Recovery returns to the DC’s
BS preferability in either Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or Applied Mathematics and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have an analytical background with some expertise in Access/Excel/Power BI/ Tableau
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance and will need to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding and experience in project management and exposure to project management methodologies
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to problem solve and perform root cause analysis
- 3+ years of experience in Transportation, Operations, and/or Supply Chain
- Retail experience a plus
- BS in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or Applied Mathematics is strongly preferred
The anticipated salary range for this position is $59,800 – $89,600 depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. This position is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. In addition, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits to Associates (and their families) such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Eligible Associates are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off up to 236 hours per year (inclusive of PTO, floating holidays, and paid holidays). Paid sick time up to 80 hours per year unless otherwise required by law.