Senior Subject Matter Expert-International Finance
This position calls for a Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) with International Financial Experience to support The Office of Information Technology (OIT), U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), on a full-time basis providing support on financial systems, business requirements gathering, providing assistance on OIT responsibilities related to the federal acquisition lifecycle process, interviewing senior government officials, and political appointees.
During the term of this task order, the consultant shall perform the below tasks to include, but not limited to, the following:
● Provides assistance on Office of Information Technology (OIT) responsibilities related to the federal acquisition lifecycle process, and assist other staff, contractors and consultants with subject matter expertise of international development.
● Serve as a knowledge expert on DFC business processes for staff and other consulting companies.
● Conducts presentations to explain the product portfolio held by DFC: Insurance, Reinsurance, Debt, Grants etc., to lay people in simple terms.
● Hosts multiple business process discovery meetings with senior and executive level staff members
● Works in collaboration with the CIO and the Front Office Executive Staff to assist the Government with developing strategy documents, business processes, reporting requirements, enc other inputs and outputs required by the corporation.
● Project manages multiple projects associated with reimplementation of a corporate ERP and CRM platform(s).
● Develops presentations for executives, technical staff, and the general public as required.
● Assist the development team with prototyping new development requests from OIT customers.
● Maintains coolness in uncomfortable situations, and as the moderator for meetings maintains and establishes a calm environment with dissenting parties.
● Bi-weekly report on work performed.
● Bi-weekly inputs to the Project Lookahead document.
● PowerPoint and MS Word based business communications and analysis documents
● Project issues and challenges documents
● Interdependency failure documents
● Business requirements analysis documents
● Documents related to providing assistance in the acquisition lifecycle
● Project plans and gap analysis documents
● White Papers
● ROI Analysis
● Strategic Planning documents
● Roadmap documents
● Executive level briefings
● Business briefings
● Five plus years of consulting experience from one of the Big 6 firms, International Development Institute, or, and like organizations such as certain sections of US Department of State or USAID, and provide reference accounts where he/she has advised CEO, COO, and CIO clients (or equivalent positions).
● A minimum of five years of federal government consulting experience with the federal government or on matters directly concerning it’s operations.
● Advanced knowledge of federal government international development and/or financial banking sectors such as SBA, MCC, DFC, EXIM Bank
● Acumen to work with executive level and political appointee staff.
● Ability to translate executive level (‘30K foot’) concepts into strategic plans and translate same for technical staff members.
● Expert negotiation skills when working with clients who may have competing priorities.
● Ability to develop return on investment and total cost of ownership analysis documents.
● Ability to communicate at the executive and technical levels.
● Experience with managing project schedules, and ensuring deliverables meet the time expectations.
● Ability to work independently and research/resolve business and technical issues and provide a recommended solutions.
Former Government Employees:
● Former Government employees and annuitants applying for this position who received an ethics letter from their Office of General Council (OGC) prior to separation outlining potential employment conflicts of interest, must provide that statement as part of the application package.
Place(s) of Performance:
The work under this task will primarily be virtual, with in person meetings taking place at the DFC headquarters:
1100 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20527
The consultant will require a background check prior to participation.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
- Job Family
- Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type