Originator, Trade Finance
About the job Originator, Trade Finance
Originator, Trade Structured Finance
Job Type Full-time
A leading global supply chain management company of agriculture commodities for feed and fiber is seeking a self-motivated individual for a position in our Trade Structured Finance (TSF) team located in Richardson, Texas. The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of multitasking. This role will report to the Vice President and Head of Latam Region - TSF.
TSF is a global business unit focused to provide liquidity and financial solutions to several stakeholders in the emerging markets (banks, customers, suppliers, farmers). It structures various financial products by leveraging its global footprint and trade flows. TSF works with all business units across the firm to find ways to add value to their businesses.
- Prospecting, onboarding, and negotiating structured trade finance products with corporate clients, focusing on clients that import and export agri-related commodities and food from Latin American countries.
- Build on an active book of business to support the identification of potential clients and markets to expand business operations.
- Responsible for handling door-to-door transactions. Create and oversee a client portfolio.
- Work closely with local and Latam internal teams, including but not limited to operations, accounting, tax, and legal.
- Handle, understand, and interface complex processes, taxes, legal aspects, compliance, and regulations of each country.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze corporate and farmers credit capabilities to best identify opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) is a plus.
- Familiarity with commodity finance, as well as handling multiple clients and commodities.
- Ability to solve complex problems and work diligently without supervision.
- Knowledge of SOX, IFRS, and GAAP.
- Understanding of international trade and its Incoterms.
- Extensive knowledge of trade finance structured products like export prepayments, import finance, and stock financing.
- Familiarity with conglomerates in the agri-business and their structured finance operations.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The firm provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support.
- Bachelors Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in trade finance, commodity finance, or commercial area
- Bilingual in Spanish and English