Financial Analyst - Global Finance Support (133573)
Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Alternate Job Location: Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to individual and institutional customers. We’re united by our purpose to help our customers and each other create a confident future; we’re guided by empathy; and we’re inspired by each other to make a difference in the lives of our coworkers, customers, communities, and the world at large. At MetLife, it’s #AllTogetherPossible. Join us!
The associate will provide support to global users of MetLife Finance systems. Support incidents, service requests, end user inquiries, and perform ledger maintenance for financial systems we currently support. Candidate may be tasked with leading individual enhancements and initiatives, as well as participate in larger enhancements in an effort to continually improve the efficiency and controls within the systems supported.
- Provides subject matter expertise for MetLife’s Finance systems in support of Finance users and processes.
- Uses established Metlife/ITIL processes in support of incident resolution and request fulfillment.
- Analyzes and resolves basic to complex accounting system issues in support of the financial close.
- Processes system maintenance requests for the general ledger and other finance systems.
- Work on small enhancements, i.e., new allocation setup, which will include gathering requirements, planning, and work effort analysis, project tracking and working with resources from other areas.
- Performs daily and monthly accounting system control activities.
- Partners with peers both in region and globally to ensure seamless services, uniformity of processes and continued encouragement of process improvement and LEAN initiatives.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communications, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of finance functions, processes, and systems (PeopleSoft, Hyperion Suite, or equivalents).Strong proficiency with computer systems, PC’s, and financial software applications (i.e., spreadsheets, financial modeling software). Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, and practices.
- Ability to present and communicate concisely and clearly with conclusions and recommendations in a manner that both financial & non-financial audiences can understand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or MIS
- Knowledge of finance functions, processes, and systems (PeopleSoft, Hyperion Suite, or equivalents).
- Minimum of 1-2 year’s total experience providing user/systems support, preferably in the Finance industry.
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework and procedures flow.
- Knowledge of LEAN principals and proven ability to identify, design, and implement process improvements.
- MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint capabilities.
- PeopleSoft allocation knowledge
- Adaptable to various work situations; ability to work well with others across all levels of management and geographies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Global Finance Support/ Financial Management Group
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.