Associate Director - Commodity Trade Finance
Ready to take the next step in your career with us?
Due to the growth of our Commodity Trade Finance function, we are seeking an Associate Director to join our team in New York. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting senior team members in optimizing risk and returns for trade and working capital products within the Europe & Americas portfolio. The ideal candidate should be familiar with commodity trade finance functions and the deal lifecycle. At our bank, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential components of success, and we are looking for someone who embodies these values.
- Supporting senior team members in optimizing risk and returns for trade and working capital products within the portfolio
- Preparing and maintaining pitch materials, marketing materials, and internal stakeholder presentations
- Assisting in the end-to-end trade deal cycle at transaction level, including controls and monitoring
- Building industry insights of key players, production costs, flows, logistics, and sanctions issues, etc.
- Assisting in Facility structuring and preparation of deal memos before submission to Credit
- Developing and sustaining effective client relationships at appropriate levels in the client organization
- Assisting in managing material principal risk red flags that arise in the transaction flow
- Helping to define the long-term strategic and tactical client-level strategy
- Collaborating with implementation, client management, credit, risk and service teams to ensure consistent and superior client experience.
- Experience in ensuring end-to-end deal process
- Ability to build effective and professional partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Established presentation and strategy development skills
- Understanding of Commodity Trade Finance or Structured Trade Finance is preferred
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is an added benefit
- Degree in finance, economics, business or another relevant field
- 3 years' experience in commodity finance, commodity trade finance or trade finance with an interest in the commodities.
Salary & Benefits
Expected annual base pay range for the role is $113.000 to $141.457. The final offer will be determined on an individualized basis using a number of variables, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience and education, internal relativity, and specific work location. At Standard Chartered Bank, Base pay is only part of the total compensation package. Discretionary variables pay and a range of attractive bank sponsored benefit programs are available and designed to foster employee overall health and well-being including, but not limited to, a best-in-class 401k plan with up to 8% employer match, robust medical plan coverage with employer funded Health Savings Accounts, inclusive family building benefits and arrangements for many of our positions subject to role specific considerations. Learn more about what we offer (https://www.sc.com/us/careers).
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.