Global Trade Compliance Intern
Allyn International is in search of a Global Trade Compliance Internship to grow within our Trade Department in either our Fort Myers, FL. Allyn is a privately held professional services firm established in 1992. We provide high-quality, customer-centric services and solutions for the global marketplace. Our core products include transportation management, logistics sourcing, freight forwarding, supply chain consulting, tax management, and trade compliance operational support and consulting.
What does a Global Trade Compliance Specialist do?
The Global Trade Compliance Intern will develop skills related to directly implementing trade compliance programs, policies, and procedures to help ensure compliance with U.S. Government and non-U.S. import and export regulations. The successful intern candidate will be adept with Excel and Microsoft Word, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Position/Classification: Part-time, Internship Non-Exempt, Entry level
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours of Work: Regular business hours, Monday-Friday
Physical Demands: Sitting, typing, carrying, and climbing stairs
Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Data reporting experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Ideal Candidate Skills:
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Issue resolution experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Develop and maintain customized compliance programs and processes specific to client needs.
- Conduct audits to assess clients' export/import compliance and supporting operating entities Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Gather and provide detailed analysis and information which may financially impact sourcing decisions.
- Identify cost savings opportunities from client data sources
- Interpreting and complying with federal, and international, regulations, and legislation
- Continuously evaluate current processes and recommend relevant changes or improvements to increase efficiency/productivity
- Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance in the following areas: Anti-boycott/Restrictive Trade Practices, Tariff Classification, Customs Valuation, Duty Drawback, Reconciliation, Country of Origin Marking, Country of Origin Determination, Recordkeeping, Preference Programs/FTAs, and Customs Clearance
Our clients range from small local businesses to Fortune 500 firms in industry sectors such as power generation and renewable energy, road construction equipment, electronics, industrial materials, heavy-duty trucks, mining and drilling equipment, oil and gas, modular building, medical equipment, not for profit, and US government. Allyn conducts business in over twenty different languages and has extensive experience in both developed and emerging markets. Our highly trained experts are located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Allyn has regional headquarters in Fort Myers, FL USA, Shanghai P.R. China, and Prague, Czech Republic.
Allyn offers a team environment, competitive benefits and ongoing training, and support for our team members. If you are in alignment with our corporate values of focused growth, well-being, enjoyment, contribution, excellence, creativity, prosperity, and integrity, and while valuing professionalism and teamwork - now is the time for you to accelerate your career and join the Allyn team. Apply today or refer a qualified friend