Trade Compliance Analyst
At Miltenyi Biotec, 3,000 employees worldwide develop pioneering solutions for biomedical science and the clinical application of cell therapies. Our multidisciplinary team combines excellence in research with the development of innovative products for the treatment of serious diseases.
Trade Compliance Specialist
As a member of the Miltenyi Biotec team, you will support all customs, logistics and all international trade related activities as well as administrative support for shipping of pharmaceutical specialty products. Additionally, you will manage relevant agency (USDA, FDA, EPA, etc.) clearance and delivery of imported materials in partnership with corporate customs brokers. As a result of your ability to define and implement continuous improvement activities for trade compliance including metrics, education, training, process improvements, you will support the continued success of Miltenyi Biotec as a whole. The work involves a considerable amount of latitude for independent actions including significant independent judgment.
Among other responsibilities, you will:
- Act as company global SME with regards to import/export activities and compliance with company policies in the global market.
- Prepare and organize import and export documents, and trade compliance activities of clinical drug products and specialty instruments.
- Responsible for resolving any clearance issues with regards to shipments into or out of U.S.
- Act as a SME for all necessary import documents (customs declaration, pro forma invoices, TSCA chemical statements etc.).
- Partner with project managers on drug product shipments (domestically & internationally) based on internal and external client needs.
- Partner with corporate headquarters in developing efficient corporate programs in support of clearing clinical and research materials globally.
- Act as author, reviewer, or signatory on shipping and/or customs related business procedures.
- Create and document HTS code system for scientific and pharmaceutical related items.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preference in Business, Logistics, Trade Compliance, Customs, Pharma or any related; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with customs brokers, shipping carriers, forwarders, consultants or government agencies in trade compliance related matters
- Ability to critically generate and review import documentation
- Strong technical skills and research abilities on import, export and trade compliance fundamentals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is performed in a temperature controlled, handicap-accessible facility without exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures. Generally, this job is performed in an office environment. While generally this job is performed in temperature-controlled facilities, there are occasions in which this position must work outside, in which temperatures may vary.
Miltenyi Biotec is a company that is transforming and progressing. Our culture is one of bold scientific innovation. Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
Progress prospers with inspiration and curiosity. For 30 years Miltenyi Biotec has been developing products and services that are used in basic research, translational research and cell therapy. Today we are a team of more than 3,000 scientists, physicians, engineers, marketers and numerous other specialists.
At Miltenyi Biotec, innovative ideas are being turned into cutting edge products. Together, we are passionate about driving biomedical progress towards curing severe diseases.
Miltenyi Biotec North America is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Miltenyi Biotec, Inc. participates in E-verify