Trade Compliance Export Operations PM, North America Operations
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Trade Compliance Export Operations PM to support our expanding business on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters. You will interact with AWS Development, Datacenter Engineering, AWS Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance. This position will report to the Operations Manager of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GTPC) for AWS in Seattle.
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, [url=https://aws.amazon.com/products/storage/]storage[/url], [url=https://aws.amazon.com/products/databases/]databases[/url], [url=https://aws.amazon.com/products/networking/]networking[/url], analytics, deep Machine learning, robotics, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GTPC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported in a compliant manner across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand.
This position is available to work from Seattle, Portland, or D.C. office locations in Herndon, and Arlington.
Key job responsibilities
· Build and own core trade compliance processes and analytical rhythms to align with key programs’ objectives.
· Establish and manage positive business relations with key stakeholders and business teams.
· Manage daily tasks related to providing import/export compliance guidance with all US and foreign regulations in the conduct of AWS trade activities, including conducting research, updating status reports, and coordinating team deliverables.
· Assist with technology, hardware, and software trade classification, including: Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Schedule B, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
· Interface with internal and external functional partners to identify and rectify any information/process gaps
· Develop, document, and maintain operational processes and procedures
· Build communications and training plans to ensure all internal and external partners are aware and aligned to trade compliance processes
· Monitor global import/export regulatory or procedural changes that could impact planning for import or related requirements, and clearly communicate those guidelines to stakeholders during the export/import planning process
· Generate and contribute to performance requirements, timelines, and metrics for all related activities
· Proactively identify and drive process improvement initiatives
· Build and maintain a strict adherence to reporting and assessments
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Herndon, VA, USA | Portland, OR, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of direct experience with customs and trade compliance
- 5+ years’ experience commensurate with extensive knowledge of handling imports and/or exports in accordance with foreign government regulations
- 3+ years’ experience leveraging technology to analyze business problems and drive process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree
- US Customs Brokerage License
- Global logistics or supply chain experience
- Ability to apply trade knowledge to business flows, and understand priorities from a financial and tax assessment perspective highly desirable
- Experience using data driven process improvement tools and metrics
- Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QuickSight, PowerBI) to create user-friendly dashboards.
- Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment in uncertain situations
- Ability to prioritize activities with changing timelines
- Ability to work effectively while handling multiple tasks
- Six Sigma
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
# Security Assurance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $91,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.