Customs Compliance Lead, Amazon Global Logistics Cross Border Team
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Global Mile - Cross Border team is responsible for providing customers a one stop shop for international transportation service, providing end to end supply chain solutions for our Customers. The Global Mile - Cross Border team is seeking a Customer centric leader, who wants to be part of this journey, and manage a team of people responsible for daily compliance activities. The individual will be responsible for helping develop the operations and execution infrastructure for the compliance team. This person will work closely with various internal teams to establish processes for Customs compliance and risk management. The individual will then be responsible for resource planning, goal setting and managing key success criteria. This person will be responsible to manage performance, develop, train, and help drive compliance for the business, while managing continuous improvement initiatives to reduce Customer escalations. We invite you to be part of the team that defines how Amazon changes the world of international logistics, one shipment at a time.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage escalations on complex entries that include highly regulated products which involve a variety of dynamic government agency requirements.
- Manage a team of up to 20 within Customs Compliance Operations.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Title 19 CFR & HTS codes as well as entry filing and trade regulations like product classifications, documentation requirements, PGAs, and Section 301.
- Manage compliance risk for the business
- Own key metrics as well as strategy to mitigate compliance risk
- Manage P&L responsibilities in a geographic location(s) and/or zone(s).
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Nashville, TN, USA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licensed Customs Broker
- 3+ years customs brokerage or trade compliance experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word)
- 2+ years people management experience
- Proven track record in building new businesses processes
- Master’s Degree
- U.S. Licensed Customs Broker (strongly preferred)
- Multilingual (Mandarin preferred)
- Experience with SQL and other automated self- service reporting tools
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work productively and efficiently in an independent setting
- Proven ability to clearly communicate with managers and associates at all levels
- Global perspective and solid understanding of business objectives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.