Manager, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs
Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus, LLC in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California. This position will manage the corporate team of Regulatory Specialists and lead the Regulatory and Compliance aspects in the markets where the company does business (Domestic and International).
Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000 / year
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Regulatory Team to fulfill documentation requests in a manner that meets and exceeds customer expectations in turnaround time and accuracy.
- Development and management of all regulatory information related to ingredients, formulations, finished products and labels. Ensure compliance to FDA regulations as well as compliance in regions where Lyons has business interest.
- Manage the regulatory processes for the commercialization of products. Areas of responsibilities include label content creation, internal specification creation, customer product database set up, etc.
- Review and approve labels to ensure compliance with all FDA regulations. Provide guidance and recommendations on label development to ensure compliance.
- Manage Religious Compliance Programs including, but not limited to, OK, OU, KSA, and K of K Kosher, ISA and IFANCA Halal across the Lyons Magnus facilities and co-packers.
- Special Interest Compliance Programs including, but not limited to, QAI and OTCO Organic, Fair Trade, Rain Forest Alliance, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Gluten Free across the Lyons Magnus facilities and co-packers.
- Interpret regulatory requirements and rule changes, ensuring they are communicated through corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents and recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards.
- Monitor and assist with Export Activities including Treaty compliance, HS Code assignment, new market entry requirements.
- Perform and maintain a regulatory risk assessment, providing timely recommendations on emerging issues related to Lyons.
- Serve as the corporate representative / technical liaison with corporate legal, local governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Develop and maintain regulatory network (formal and informal) by establishing relationship with various regulatory bodies, local consultants, and legal entities.
- Performs other related and assigned duties by senior management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, internally and externally.
- Strong regulatory knowledge and acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with short and long timelines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and creativity for developing innovative solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Read and process written information with high degree of accuracy.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in regulatory affairs management, labeling, international compliance, customer interface, and technical documentation.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in Food or Nutritional Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or related field. Professional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience within the food-manufacturing environment,
- Must be computer literate and detailed oriented.
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with your cover letter, and salary requirements.
To learn more about Lyons Magnus, LLC its products and core values, visit www.lyonsmagnus.com. or follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
Lyons Magnus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
*This organization participates in E-Verify.