Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
We�re looking for an enthusiastic, high-performing, results-focused, and operationally-driven Customs Brokerage Entry Writer to join the International Operations Team. Responsibilities will include analyzing documents, pre-keying and filing Customs entries, helping us to create and deliver world-class results for our clients and our firm.
You�ll ensure regulatory compliance in your day-to-day account management, helping to ensure our clients� shipments both in and out of the country move without delay.
You will learn how to quickly and accurately complete all the necessary functions for Customs clearances ensuring timely releases, including such items as: entering and modification of entries, managing documentation as required, and updating key stakeholders about the status of their Customs releases. The Customs department will work closely with the International and Domestic teams to ensure the smooth flow of goods not just around the country, but across the globe.
You�ll help to advance our expertise and our standing in the marketplace. You�ll field client questions and adhere to our best practices, following our stated standard operating procedures and streamlined processes.
Through it all, you�ll live into our values, epitomizing what it means to be a NorthPointer and demonstrating the spirit of our world-class, service-oriented, values-grounded culture, and helping us to deliver a mutually rewarding supply chain experience for our clients, fueling our continued ascent as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Midwest.
- You�re a values-centered person with a relentless focus on learning, growth, and service.
- You have grit and an unwavering emphasis on changing the status quo and achieving results no matter the situation, the obstacle, or the constraint.
- You�re excited by the fast pace of the logistics business and you delight in the challenge of keeping multiple balls in the air at once without letting any of them drop.
- You�re impeccably detail-oriented, highly organized, and can both offer and accept help when the situation calls for it.
- You have 1+ years experience in Customs Brokerage
- You appreciate the insight that data can bring to the business and embrace the realities of a data-driven world. You�re excited by technology and dive in with new opportunities, abandoning the safety of �what we�ve always done�.
- You love to interact with others, develop solid relationships with stakeholders both in and out of the organization, and always maintain an air of optimism in the face of rapidly changing circumstances and adversity.
- You're a quick learner, and can absorb, assimilate, and implement new information at the drop of a hat, and do so with a smile on your face.
- You wield the knowledge, language, and focus of compliance adroitly � you can spot, resolve, and prevent the reemergence of an issue without breaking a sweat.
- Your analytical skills are above reproach � you relish the opportunity to dive into a situation, see it from multiple angles, and create and execute a plan to solve it.
- You�re excited to grow and expand your knowledge and capabilities within the global logistics market.
NorthPoint Logistics is a values-based full-service international freight forwarder, customs broker, and domestic freight broker. Headquartered in Kansas City, our rapidly growing team offers logistics management services and systems which centralize provider networks, automate shipment planning and tracking, and provide world-class service and expertise to help our clients navigate the uncertain waters of supply chains around the world. With our sister companies within the NorthPoint family, we provide an end-to-end supply chain solution, and our understanding of foreign markets, international trade, domestic transportation, and supply chain optimization is built upon years of operation across the continent and the globe. Our values orientation, commitment to data-driven decision-making, and relentless drive to optimize and innovate truly differentiate us in the marketplace.
What Comes Next:
We believe fervently in the power of data-driven decision-making and are committed to understanding and appreciating the whole applicant, not simply what's on a resume. During our interview process, we'll ask you to take several assessments, and we hope you join us in appreciating the value of such a process. We're excited to meet with you and look forward to learning more about you and what you can add to our culture, values, and team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.