Ocean Import Supervisor
Ocean Import Supervisor
Nippon Express Company, Ltd. (“NX”) was founded in 1872 in Japan and is headquartered in Tokyo. NX employs approximately 72,000 employees at 733 locations, in 47 countries and 314 cities around the world.
Nippon Express U.S.A., Inc. (“NEU”) was incorporated in New York in 1962 as a fully owned subsidiary of NX. NEU provides logistics solutions and comprehensive transportation services through its international freight forwarding and logistics network, including specialized handling of: air, land, sea and express packages; all types and sizes of cargo; personal effects and household goods; fragile and perishable freight; and livestock. NEU also provides related services, such as warehousing, distribution and customs brokerage and clearance. NEU operates at 55 locations in 27 states within the U.S., with approximately 1300 employees. NEU has enjoyed tremendous growth and success as one of the top five international freight forwarders in the world. We connect people with products throughout the world.
- Provide departmental support and supervise the staff in the Ocean Import department.
- Supervises and directs Ocean Import staff in performing work according to operating procedures
- Issue freight bills and invoices to brokers and responsible for collecting unpaid invoices within credit term
- Monitor performance of staff and scheduling
- Trains Ocean Import staff
- Ensure department is in compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulation
- Review workflows and procedures and provide feedback to maintain a high quality of service
- Documents, records and reports all discrepancies to include missed deadlines
- Work professionally and effectively with operations staff in order to achieve target goals.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, peers and co-workers.
- Handle other job assignments as determined by the direct Assistant Manager or Manager
- Salary Range $60,000-$70,000
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organization skills
- Positive attitude, and the ability to multi-task and calmly handle quickly changing priorities under tight deadlines
- Great attention to details
- Minimum 3+ years of Ocean Import experience with previous experience in a Team Lead or Supervisory position
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Great computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel, Outlook)
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience
This position will interact with branch colleagues, leadership staff, and office /warehouse personnel. Must be able to work with customers, vendors, and outside organizations.
(With or without accommodations) This position is predominantly sedentary office work which involves sitting, typing, filing, and conversing on the phone.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities and working conditions of the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Nippon Express offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month after 30 days.
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Auto and Home policies, Commuter Benefits, and much more.
- Generous Vacation and Sick time.
Nippon Express USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.