Senior Global Supply Manager - Semiconductors / Electronics
Senior Global Supply Manager (GSM) - Semiconductors / Electronics
GSMs at Lunar Energy will be responsible for establishing and maintaining our supply base of contract manufacturers and component suppliers around the world. The scope includes identifying and vetting potential suppliers, leading contract and pricing negotiations, driving should-cost modeling and supporting the Lunar engineering team with supplier engagement throughout the development process. We are looking for people who are passionate about a more sustainable future and want to make that vision a reality. An ideal candidate is someone who is excited to collaborate with a diverse and dedicated team.
Lunar Energy was founded to transition homes to 100% clean energy—making our electricity greener, our air cleaner and our energy more safe, secure and reliable for all. We’re a fast-growing, global company building the world’s best clean energy products to electrify all homes and connect communities to form clean, resilient virtual power plants.
This role is hybrid, 3-4 days per week in office, and will report to our Manager of Global Supply Management, Semiconductors / Electronics.
On a given day at Lunar, you’ll likely…
- Own an electrical component commodity end-to-end, from influencing engineering design through end of life.
- Drive ‘Early Supplier Involvement' initiatives to support Engineering teams with supplier engagement throughout the development process.
- Develop global sourcing strategies with defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation, and supply planning agreements.
- Create and/or optimize cost models and lead contract and pricing negotiations that drive continual cost reduction and optimization.
- Develop and negotiate favorable commercial agreements including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Piece Price Agreements, General Terms & Conditions, among other related contracts.
- Create RFQs/SOWs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations.
- Manage supplier development and tooling timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production, and develop solutions for delays or problems that arise.
- Monitor industry and global market conditions, track technology roadmaps, identify supply and demand challenges and opportunities.
- Manage and review respective supplier relationships and performance, including among other areas, dispute resolution, supplier scorecards, periodic business reviews, and supporting onsite visits and audits to perform due diligence prior to contract award, and as needed, post award to ensure adherence to commitments.
- Participate in design reviews with Engineering partners, change control meetings with Quality partners, and collaborate with other cross-functional technical teams.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or similar
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management or commodity management for direct categories used in high volume manufacturing products.
- 3+ years of experience in managing semiconductors (Power ICs, Analog ICs, etc.) preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in strategic sourcing, vendor/supplier management and supply chain planning and procurement
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to relate with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional and cross-organizational projects.
We’re dedicated to creating a remarkable employee experience. At Lunar, competitive base pay is one part of our total compensation package. Lunar employees also have the opportunity to become Lunar shareholders by getting equity in a fast-growing company and participating in our employee stock program.
Additional benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Flexible Paid Time Off and 10 paid holidays
- Tax deferred 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees including 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother and 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- Subsidized EV charging and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Cell Phone stipend
Our DE&I Philosophy: Lunar Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent by supporting an inclusive workplace. Lunar recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Our Compensation Philosophy: Our goal is to ensure that all Lunar Energy employees are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act for California applicants. The salary range estimate for this position depending on level of experience is: $130,000 - $150,000 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time