Supply Chain Manager, Consumables Amazon Vendor Services
Are you interested in leading high impact projects and working cross-functionally to deliver top selection and delight end Customers? This is your chance to help build strategic relationships and drive business growth with some of the most influential Consumables Selling Partners and the AVS Customer Success Manager team. AVS Supply Chain Managers will play a critical role in delivering optimal customer experience by ensuring Amazon has the right product quantities, in the right places, and at the right time. This position will work to continuously optimize operational metrics by working directly with Selling Partner (SP) and internal partner teams. AVS Supply Chain Managers serve as a key point of contact between Retail, Supply Chain, and Vendors and contribute to vendor-level operational strategy, annual negotiations, and opportunities to reduce cost and waste in the supply chain.
Key job responsibilities
• Plan and execute inventory strategies to optimize sales, in-stock rates, turns and inventory health for owned category
• Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as in-stock rate, procurement lead time, fill rate, and fast track.
• Participate in business reviews for your Selling Partners(s); identify operational improvement areas and lead with recommendations to drive improvement
• Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing unproductive inventory
• Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Work with internal teams collaboratively, to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and procurement workflows, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
• Interface with Selling Partner(s) and lead with strategic recommendations to improve and/or resolve Instock issues
A day in the life
• Facilitate and attend weekly meeting with Selling Partner’s operations/supply chain team(s) to walk through how they forecast.
• Single Threaded Owner across all Instock Management/ Supply Chain initiatives.
• Conduct deep dive analysis on key Input metrics (Confirmation Rate, Availability (FTI and OOS metrics), Unhealthy Inventory) to identify root-cause and propose plan to address in collaboration with SP.
• Identify the suite of optimal Supply Chain programs to optimize for a synchronous network between Amazon and Selling Partner.
• Review inventory position on high demand items for an upcoming promotional event. Monitor inventory levels and work with your Selling Partner(s) to ensure adequate inventory availability.
About the team
The Amazon Vendor Services program is a paid service that offers enrolled Selling Partners services in one of five major categories: (1) A designated Customer Success Manager, (2) Strategic business advice, (3) Support, (4) Instock manager owning Supply Chain initiatives, and (5) Programs, Pilots, Betas, and Advance Coaching. In this role, you will be a member of the Consumables Category team, and will provide Supply Chain expertise alongside a team of designated Account Managers supporting one to two Selling Partners within the Consumables categories. Consumables categories consist of Baby, Grocery, Health & Personal Care, Mass Beauty, Pets, and Premium Beauty. The role offers broad scope as the Selling Partners supported by this role may span numerous Brands, end Customer segments, and product categories.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Santa Monica, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management or relevant field of study such as Engineering, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, Manufacturing or Operations.
- 3+ years of experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools i such as Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel,Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Excel proficiency to deep dive, analyze and build scrappy tools.
- Knowledge of statistical inventory control
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in an ambiguous, fast-paced/deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with SQL – scripting basic statements to extract data
- E-Commerce/ Retail experience including demand planning, supply planning, sourcing, buying, forecasting.
- Experience with partnering cross functionally to drive results including continuous improvement initiatives. (process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, PDCA, DMAIC)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $58,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $141,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.