Supply Chain Manager
Longview, Texas area consumer hard goods manufacturer is seeking a Supply Chain Manager.
This role will be responsible for overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency, reduce risk, and minimize cost of organization's supply chain. Work effectively with the plant operations teams, engineering, and accounting to deliver on customer (both internal and external) demands. Provide support and mentor site level purchasing, warehouse and planning personnel.
Essential Duties, Critical Success Factors, Responsibilities, Authorities and Required Interactions:
- Manage the Procurement, Warehousing and Planning teams to meet company and dept. goals and objectives.
- Responsible for forecasting, material procurement, production planning, inventory control, warehousing, rate setting, cost savings, outsourcing and vendor management.
- Work with Global Sourcing for identification, selection negotiations, contract process and implementation to meet all requirements for legal, safety, ethics, quality, delivery, costs, and cashflow.
- Manage and lead cost saving initiatives through negotiations and value engineering.
- Lead inventory management processes to ensure inventory accuracy, improve inventory turns, reduce excess & obsolete materials, prevent excess stock and backorders.
- Assure that departmental personnel develop a culture of continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with multiple-functional managers and global planning teams to implement good planning practices including S&OP, level loading, time fencing and other planning strategies.
- Track, analyze, manage, document, and report on open customer orders, past-due lines, past-due dollars, stock status, and other supply chain related metrics as needed.
- Supplier management to ensure supply continuity and on time delivery for production needs.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional team to ensure high on time delivery of products.
- Setup, maintain and continuously improve data elements (such as item master attributes, planning strategies, etc) accuracy in Oracle ERP.
- Support new product launch activities as supply chain core team member and subject matter expert.
- Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example, building followership; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Teamwork: collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives.
- Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Able to deliver results despite changing environment.
- Analytical Problem-Solving Ability: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solutioning, risk mitigation and execution.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Must have a strong background in Production Planning
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, with prefer no less than 5+ years of business/operations, materials management and/or planning experience OR a Master's degree with no less than 3+ years of industry experience. APICS certification is additional advantage.
- Experience with ERP systems (Must have SAP experience)
- Knowledge of Kanban, JIT and other Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma practices is desirable.