Supply Chain Manager II
The Supply Chain Manager develops and manages the direction and daily activities sourcing and procurement teams with the focus on people, organization, process and information technology. This includes responsibility for oversight and management of all aspects of Supply Chain to improve operations, identify and execute cost savings with value added solutions, as well as optimize and maintain strong supply chain relationships.• Develops a high functioning team of procurement professionals who develop mutually beneficial relationships (strategic, tactical & personal) with partner/suppliers.
• Develops positive business relationships with suppliers.
• Responsible for continuous improvement programs with suppliers.
• Leads all Supply Chain Management activities within the division including procurement, sourcing, and freight management. This will include establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, Supplier Diversity, certifications, and compliance with governmental procurement regulations.
• Responsible for managing the Division operational inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels for immediate production items and forecasting for future requirements. Will establish and implement standard delivery procedures in alignment with the Divisional goals.
• Aligns and reports metrics including Supplier Quality and Delivery, Supplier Net Terms, end to end net freight optimization, Supplier Risk analysis, and inventory intensity while supporting Divisional needs and Supplier relationships.
• Evaluate price trends and product availability for cost improvement.
• Support LEAN programs and procedures for document control, purchasing and process control.
• Ensure alignment and communication with other functional leaders.
- 7-10 years managerial experience in supply chain management.
- 4-year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have functional understanding of cost accounting and adapt to practical application.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand the electronic processing. Systems (IT) experience beneficial.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices with demonstrated experience of leading continuous improvement events.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.