Freight Forwarder (69199)
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Kent, 228th St South Kent, WA
Division: Air & Sea US
Job Posting Title: Freight Forwarder
Time Type: Full Time
Salary: $15.00 - $30.00
A Freight Forwarder Ocean Export is responsible for managing the exportation of goods by ocean, including all aspects of the logistics process such as carrier booking, cargo tracking, documentation, and communication with customers and third-party service providers. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills to manage relationships with customers and ensure their satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the exportation of goods by ocean, including carrier booking and managing the movement of goods through various transportation channels
- Track and monitor shipments, providing regular updates to customers on the status of their shipments
- Manage relationships with customers, ensuring their satisfaction and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise
- Collaborate with other internal departments, such as logistics, finance, and operations, to ensure timely and efficient service delivery
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, including customs regulations and trade laws
- All other duties as assigned
Educational background / Work experience
- Prior experience in freight forwarding, logistics, or a related field is preferred
- Experience in ocean exports is highly desirable
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as calculating costs and rates
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Processes
- Knowledge of ocean freight logistics and customs regulations
- Understanding of trade laws and regulations
- Knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with logistics software and systems is preferred
At Will Employment
DSV Air & Sea Inc. employees are hired for an undefined period of time as “at will” employees. This means that an employee may be terminated for any reason, or no reason at all, at any time, provided the discharge does not violate any law*. Additionally, each employee has the right to terminate his/her employment at any time. *Except if employed in Montana, where termination requires just cause.
Employee Name Printed:
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.