Supply Chain Manager - Multi-Plants
Supply Chain Manager - Multi-Plants
Manufacturing Supply Chain Operations
Graham Packaging is a people, planet and values-based company and a leader in sustainable packaging manufacturing. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life.
For employees at Graham, our Blue Culture is part of their everyday lives, too. In other words, Blue is how we do things here.
At Graham, we are united by a clear vision. We know our part and help those around us know theirs, encouraging one another to continuously improve. We create a safe, challenging environment to innovate by supporting creative ideas and new ways of thinking. We take the initiative to cultivate our individual growth and help others do the same, while keeping ourselves and one another accountable. And we actively promote cooperation, collaboration, integrity and respect across regions and teams to foster an engaged, diverse and connected workforce.
We value our employees, and a Blue Culture allows for the most rewarding employee experience as part of the Graham family. Blue is how we feel about what we do—together—to create a better tomorrow. Working at Graham means you lead constructively with clear goals, use diverse thinking to drive excellence, accountability, innovation, as well as demonstrating collaboration, embracing learning, and taking action for continuous improvement and growth.
Multi-site Supply Chain Managers are responsible for management of all logistic personnel and the overall responsibility for the material handling, receiving, shipping and warehouse operations and coordinating activities with the other departments in a manner which will result in meeting production schedules and customer delivery dates consistent with the Company policy and plant objectives. The primary duties of a Supply Chain Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Works closely with customer, schedulers, plant operations, corporate supply chain personal and affiliated supply plants at multi-sites to deliver products that delight our customers in a timely manner at the lowest cost.
- Main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding supply, warehouse, inventory, and other supply chain related functions.
- Works with Multi-Sites Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Shift Supervisors to ensure production schedules are fulfilled based on customer forecasts.
- Uses tools such as SAP and other Windows based applications to manage and deliver superior performance to Graham and our customer.
- Report potential problems to appropriate Manager prior to reaching crisis point.
- Review and control inventory levels using SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM).
- Develop Min/max inventories on products with customer commitment.
- Prepare Daily and Weekly Schedules
- Manage the customer service function including inventories, forecasts, reports and Communications.
- Work with Operations Manager to update Crewing Model on a weekly basis
- Provide production with material schedule to assist Operations Manager in regrind consumption.
- Work with Operations Manager to optimize OTIF % and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to optimize Preventative Maintenance scheduling window.
- Work with Plant Controller and Operations Manager to set and adjust production forecast.
- Work with Customer Schedulers to monitor upcoming changes to the forecasts to reduce breakdowns in continuous productions and optimize Plant MOEE.
- Work with Management to drive operational improvements in focused areas and fully support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with Shipping Clerk to ensure on time delivery of customer product requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of Warehouse on hand inventory, including ensuring all products that may be damaged in the warehouse are properly handled via the HFI procedure.
Core Proficiencies and Skills
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Must possess expert working knowledge of SAP/EWM.
The expected salary range for the position described in this posting is made in accordance with the legal mandates of certain jurisdictions within the United States. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual qualifications and experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in the company’s 401K Employee Saving Plan and may participate in its Employee Wellness Program. Employees will also receive paid time off in accordance with company policy and state law requirements.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.