Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
US-MA-Cambridge | US-VA-Reston | US-FL-St. Petersburg
6 days ago(8/21/2023 8:47 AM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 2,000 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities.www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Draper is hiring a Supply Chain Manager to lead a team of Supply Chain and Small Business professionals, reporting to the Director of Procurement & Property, and supporting the supply chain needs of the program offices. This is a senior level role with matrixed responsibilities supporting leadership in five Program Offices, Draper’s Quality team, and Engineering. As part of the Procurement & Property leadership team, this role will develop, implement, and execute supply chain strategies and processes to achieve quality, cost, and performance requirements. The ideal candidate is highly skilled and fluent in the New Product Introduction (NPI) processes across product types.
This will role will be a hyrbid role located on-site in Cambridge, MA, Reston, VA or St. Petersburg, FL. Hybrid at Draper is 3 days/week in office.
- Responsible a team of supply chain specialist responsible for all supply chain activities: sourcing and resource planning, proposal development, material cost, forecasting, risk management, product on time delivery and supply chain issue resolution across five lines of business to provide the most cost effective and competitive solutions for Draper.
- Serve as the strategic leader for all supply chain-related work across Draper’s five lines of business and also serves as an occasional tactical doer to help us improve as we grow.
- Develop the necessary benchmarks, track quality-related metrics, and establish KPIs to understand how Draper’s supply chain is impacting our product development and business goals.
- Establish and maintain cost improvement goals.
- Establish credibility and trusted relationships with internal program teams, quality, contracts, product line leadership and executive leadership.
- Proactively collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to provide an effective supply chain.
- Own our supplier relationships, holding suppliers accountable to supplier agreements and ensuring best in class service.
- Oversee Draper’s supplier due diligence and onboarding process and small business office.
- Drive innovative supply chain strategies across five lines of business.
- Works closely with the program teams during the proposal phase to support supply chain and contractual requirements and to ensure compliance.
- Support ad-hoc supply chain initiatives as necessary.
- Ablitly to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Previous experience working for a government defense contractor in a supply chain role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or related field.
- 5-8 years of supply chain experience within a manufacturing business, oversight/management of product through both early-stage and late-stage development.
- At least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience in working and managing cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
- Strong time management and decision-making skills to manage multiple activities at once to accomplish goals and allocate resources effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communications and relationship management skills.
- Proactive: able to anticipate issues and provide solutions.
- Maintains a high level of responsibility and accountability.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS acquisition requirements and related clauses preferred.