SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Hydrogen for Mobility)
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
- Plan and implement the material control, procurement, expediting, and warehousing activities associated with engineered equipment, systems, and materials in support of project execution.
- Provide leadership in the use and implementation of advanced planning tools to model, simulate, and release optimized material plans to the organization in developing, planning, and implementing the master schedule.
- Align with commercial teams and product owners on the project forecast to maintain Inventory requirements.
- Developing and analyze project schedules and coordinate activities of assigned Material Management specialists.
- Perform accurate, timely, and cost-effective identification and records of material status, including requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, preservation, and issuing of materials and equipment measuring to support execution efforts.
- Perform material allocation in accordance with the project priorities and run planning reports.
- Work with AP Procurement on the receiving PO creation for different disciplines.
- Monitor and support shop fabricators’ material warehousing and receiving activities.
- Evaluate innovation ideas as a means for continuous improvement process in Material Management and Control activities while considering project costs and risks.
- Make recommendations to improve, raise awareness when process concerns exist.
- Analyze material allocation forecasts and provide recommendations to projects for necessary corrective action Validate inventory material management strategy in accordance with AP Standards and Practices
- Lead development and implementation of coordinated detailed solutions to drive continued innovation, efficiency, and safety for material planning.
- Adhere to and support AP Health, Safety, Environmental, and Sustainability Policies.
- Support corporate initiatives promoting safety, diversity, ethical behavior, increased employee engagement and career development.
Nature and scope
H2FM (Hydrogen for Mobility) is a major growth initiative, and this position requires a results-oriented mindset and impactful leadership. As the business volume scales, our processes, skills, and creativity must evolve, consistent with operating inside the most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
The position emphasizes organization, planning, leadership and project management skills with a broad knowledge of many engineering subject areas and business insight across multiple organizations and multi-functional teams. The team and thus this position has technical knowledge of storage, compression, delivery systems, and has accountability to help drive the projected growth to 1000s of HRS systems installed over next 10 years,
- Leadership direction for a multiskilled team driving product offerings, product differentiators and efficient solutions.
- This individual will collaborate with multifunctional teams in Asia, Europe, Middle East, India and Americas to support inventory strategies around the product portfolio and offerings.
Minimum requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Supply Chain Management or a relevant discipline | Master’s degree is desired
- APICS certifications preferred: CPIM or CSCP
- Previous experience in SAP (PP, MM, APO, SNP or PPDS ) or related ERP system is preferred.
- Shown leadership abilities
- Demonstrated experience supporting project execution and/or product development of hydrogen refueling systems.
- Strategic Attitude with change management experience and work process focus to get results.
- Experience in working with business/technical groups
- Familiarity with global codes and standards pertaining to high pressure H2 and fueling is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change and process improvements in an ever changing environment.
- Analytical skills and business sense to drive data base decisions.
- People development skills
We are the world’s largest hydrogen producer with over 80 years of industrial gas experience. We are hydrogen experts delivering safe, end-to-end solutions, investing in real, clean energy projects at scale, and driving the industry forward to generate a cleaner future.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at email@example.com. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.