Procurement Specialist - Washington DC
On behalf of VetJobs/MilitarySpouseJobs, thank you for your interest. This position is open to Veterans, Transitioning Military, National Guard Members, Military Spouses and Caregivers of War Wounded. To be considered, please click the submit button and follow the instructions.
Mid to Mid-Senior level procurement specialist that has at least five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant working experience within a Procurement role (Analyst, Specialist, Buyer, etc.). The ideal candidate will understand Procurement best practices and apply them against contract terms and conditions and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) to follow standardized processes, procedures, and checklists. The candidate will need to have strong communication skills and manage expectations, especially in cases where tight deadlines and complicated specifications might lead to high demands. There will be training support from the Procurement Manager, but the Procurement Specialist Position will be expected to work within a small team to come up with dynamic solutions.
- Develops acquisition plans, FAR Procurement Justifications, and Source Selection Plans
- Possesses strong knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Regulations (FAR) and any FAR supplemental regulations to remain compliant with federal procurement best practices.
- Uses Deltek Costpoint's Procure-2-Pay (P2P) system to create PRs, POs, reports, and Material Data
- Prepares procurement guidance package for Finance for the generation of government consent to purchase forms
- Places Purchase Orders, confirms receipt and acknowledgements from the vendors
- Tracks, negotiates, and expedites current orders
- Reports on delays, special conditions, and any issues that might come up with material supply or shipments
- Reports Open POs, placed orders, and any delays or issues on a weekly basis to the Warehouse Manager and Procurement Manager
- Validates pricing responses for accuracy and questionable responses
- Multitasks over multiple projects to provide materials
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment or capability to gain a functional basis of understanding quickly.
- Experience with long-term service agreements and equipment leases.
- Procedure improvement experience.
Quarterly Pricing Efforts
- Facilitates all RFQs for quarterly pricing - prepares package, gathers clarifications needed, works with Logistics Manager to ensure complete parts list and adjustments made as needed.
- Updates Inventory Management System with parts considerations and updates to end of life, end of software support, and replacement items.
- Ensures that the most recent pricing is validated, evaluated, and reported according to manufacturer for compatibility concerns.
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements.
The contractor must be physically able, with reasonable and realistic accommodation where appropriate, and agreeable to conduct on-site investigation of facilities, project sites and building systems in a variety of climates, site locations, and working conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
5-8 years of experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.