Network Transport Operations (Tier II)
Established in 1991, Collabera is one of the fastest growing end-to-end information technology services and solutions companies globally. As a half a billion dollar IT company, Collabera's client-centric business model, commitment to service excellence and Global Delivery Model enables its global 2000 and leading mid-market clients to deliver successfully in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
With over 8200 IT professionals globally, Collabera provides value-added onsite, offsite and offshore technology services and solutions to premier corporations. Over the past few years, Collabera has been awarded numerous accolades and Industry recognitions including.
- Collabera awarded Best Staffing Company to work for in 2012 by SIA. (hyperlink here)
- Collabera listed in GS 100 - recognized for excellence and maturity
- Collabera named among the Top 500 Diversity Owned Businesses
- Collabera listed in GS 100 & ranked among top 10 service providers
- Collabera was ranked:
- 32 in the Top 100 Large Businesses in the U.S
- 18 in Top 500 Diversity Owned Businesses in the U.S
- 3 in the Top 100 Diversity Owned Businesses in New Jersey
- 3 in the Top 100 Privately-held Businesses in New Jersey
- 66th on FinTech 100
- 35th among top private companies in New Jersey
Collabera recognizes true potential of human capital and provides people the right opportunities for growth and professional excellence. Collabera offers a full range of benefits to its employees including paid vacations, holidays, personal days, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance.
• Responsible for providing 7/24 Tier II technical support on transport technologies monitored by the Network Operations Centers and maintained by Region Technicians.
• These technologies include but are not limited to ROADM, DWDM, SONET, Digital Cross-Connect (DCS), multiplexer, channel bank, network timing (BITS), and DLC.
• Provide remote technical support to Network Operations Center Specialists and Region Operations Technicians.
• Direct transport network outage restorations and engage necessary resources to minimize impact.
• Provide technical assistance for First Office Applications (FOA).
• Provide technical assistance with incident review and outage analysis requests to determine root cause and future prevention.
• Provide technical assistance for vendor cross-functional meetings, reviews, and planning sessions.
• Provide remote or on-site technical training to peers, NOC teams, and or Region Operations Technicians and publish support bulletins/job aids.
• Manage transport network element software levels.
• Working experience in central office maintenance, central office equipment installation, network engineering, network provisioning and or Tier I technical support working with numerous transport network technologies.
• These include but are not limited to Coriant (Tellabs) 7100 ROADM, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500 ROADM, Fujitsu Flashwave 7500 ROADM, BTI WDM, Ciena (Nortel) SONET, Fujitsu FLM/Flashwave SONET, Lucent DDM/Lamda/DMX SONET, associated EMS tools, Tellabs DCS, DACS, Alcatel DCS, DLC, MUX, Symmetricom timing (BITS), and Alcatel Lifespan.
To know more about this position, please contact: