Procurement Specialist - Houston, TX
On behalf of VetJobs/MilitarySpouseJobs, thank you for your interest. This position is open to Veterans, Transitioning Military, National Guard Members, Military Spouses and Caregivers of War Wounded. To be considered, please click the submit button and follow the instructions.
- Perform day-to-day purchasing functions.
- Identify and resolve issues with vendors/internal customers arising throughout the procurement process.
- Actively pursue cost reduction programs with suppliers to lower cost and improve service or material availability.
- Identify potential bottlenecks and implement procurement strategies which support the company goals and long term outsourcing objectives.
- Work with a cross-functional team and plan and implement a target inventory reduction/maintenance plan.
- Maintain metrics, monitor improvements and document processes as required.
- Improve Request for Proposal (RFP) development effectiveness and efficiency and implement.
- Develop and maintain procedures, formats and templates to be used in different stages of improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and/or monitor vendor performance using a vendor performance matrix based on knowledge of prices, delivery, and information received from departments and Project Managers relative to product/work acceptability and vendor service.
- Identify ongoing procurement process improvement opportunities, review with management and implement as directed.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in inventory control and planning.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred or the desire and ability to attain certification.
- ERP System Experience (Oracle Cloud/Tracker), basic to advanced knowledge level preferable
- Interpret Blueprints/schematics
- Oil and Gas Technical knowledge
- 5S (Organization/Standardization) experience or knowledge desirable