Supply Chain Manager
About Brothers International Food, LLC:
Brothers International Holdings, LLC. is a privately-owned food and beverage company based in New York with offices in China and Florida. The company’s Ingredients division supplies top-quality fruit and fruit juice concentrates to numerous Fortune 100 food companies. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) division includes Brothers-All-Natural, the #1 Freeze-Dried Snack Brand and produces and distributes private label freeze-dried fruit snacks for some of the leading retailers in the US.
Support manufacturing by managing, evaluating, negotiating, and sourcing raw materials globally (primarily fruit). Develop and maintain demand forecasts for all Finished Goods. Create production schedules for all contract manufacturing facilities to ensure product availability. Coordinate the introduction of new products and packaging. Maintains plant operations by identifying and fulfilling materials requirements.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop supplier relationships by establishing standards, conducting site visits, monitoring compliance, and negotiating prices.
- Ensures competitive product pricing by benchmarking material costs.
- Identify and on-board new suppliers. Ensure compliance with quality and capacity requirements.
- Control, update and maintain specification database.
- Work closely with Quality Control and Project Managers to streamline product sourcing.
- Establish demand forecast and planning methodologies that incorporate both historical trends and planned promotional activities.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels by developing production schedules for all contract manufacturing partners based on forecasts, capacities, raw material availability, price and quality.
- Coordinate with logistics to provide up-to-date and detailed information on raw materials and finished products.
- Create and maintain Bills of Material. Ensure all ERP transactions related to purchasing and production control.
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Develops plans by analyzing and interpreting data; making comparable analyses; recommending options and courses of action.
- Protects organization's market position by keeping sales and forecast information confidential.
- Drive purchasing function to ensure quality, cost and uninterrupted supply of key materials and finished goods.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking business trends; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Fluency in Chinese (oral and written) strongly preferred.
- Provide quality service to Brothers International Food, LLC internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding corporate values at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or Associates degree and significant relevant work experience.
- Good oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up and organizational capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook, including strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of demand planning, forecasting and production scheduling.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Experience with international transportation terms and procedures, including INCOTERMS, ISF filing, Commercial Invoices, customs clearance, and Harmonized Tariff classification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.