Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our Procurement Specialist has primary responsibility for purchasing materials, supplies and services within established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines. You will work with items that are readily available and quantities are generally small. Day to day you will be buying from local retailers, wholesalers, jobbers and sales representatives. You will prepare purchase orders, maintain a list of preferred suppliers and prepare routine and special reports as required. In addition you will obtain quotes, negotiate delivery arrangements and you may also be responsible for locating new sources of supply. Level: Performs complex duties and exercise judgment for decisions and problem solving. Work is performed independently with little to no direct supervision. May be responsible for supervising, coaching and training more junior level personnel. This position does not include managers.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Purchase quality products with timely deliveries at the best price.
- Expedite current purchase orders for delivery.
- Process and communicate NCR reports with suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts for services.
- Review and approve technical and administrative content of purchasing documentation.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Provide information to Purchasing/General Manager, as required, for monthly reports.
- Perform all clerical requirements, as needed with reference to specific responsibilities.
- Develop reliable sources of supply with sound supplier relations.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May supervise lower level Buyers.
- Maintain ethical conduct with all vendor relations.
- Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Buying experience with raw materials, electrical components, PCA/PCB boards, and wire cables is a plus.
- Familiarization with manufacturing and service environment.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively work with employees, supervisors, vendors and customers.
- General computer knowledge including the use the Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of JD Edwards in addition is preferred.
- 2+ years of purchasing experience
- College/University Degree preferred