Supply Chain Manager
Join the team at Big Bolt LLC, an ISO9001 certified specialty fastener manufacturer that’s been leading the industry since 1977!
Located in Bloomingdale, IL, we’re passionate about providing high-quality custom products and exceptional service to our customers. We’re looking for a Supply Chain Manager to help drive our future growth.
You’ll work under the direction of the CIO to strategically source goods and services in support of our manufacturing activities. You’ll be responsible for creating the supply chain strategy and direction, leading the procurement team, and driving continuous improvement activities to maximize velocity and quality while minimizing cost throughout the supply chain.
Your essential functions will include establishing objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures for the procurement department; sourcing and vetting new vendors both domestically and internationally; initiating and owning a strategic sourcing plan; identifying, establishing, and maintaining key vendor relationships; overseeing the initiation of purchase orders for material and outside services; negotiating favorable pricing and terms with vendors; completing analysis on sales and product order history; driving supplier performance; researching, managing, and resolving issues related to purchase orders; executing and approving POs for key vendors; reducing costs and streamlining current processes across key commodities; executing and continuing to improve reports & KPI’s that define and validate procurement goals and objectives; maintaining procurement records; developing/providing weekly and ad hoc reporting on spend compliance and engagement; establishing sourcing best practices based on business need; supporting execution of procurement functionality within our NetSuite ERP and act as the supply chain point of contact across inspection, quality control personnel, internal sales, engineering and our vendors.
- 5+ year of progressive purchasing / strategic sourcing, preferably in the sourcing of metals, fastener & outside services categories of spend (e.g. steel, fasteners, fastener blanks, plating, heat treating)
- Experience working with an ERP/Purchase Order System (NetSuite preferred).
- Familiarity with sourcing, vendor qualification and vendor management
- Ability to gather and analyze data / numerical literacy
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel in particular)
- Service-oriented with a passion for customer satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
Join us at Big Bolt LLC for an exciting opportunity to grow your career!