The Procurement Specialist (Assistant Buyer) position will perform the following duties:
• Communicate with customers, vendors, community and company personnel in a positive and proactive manner
• Ensure financial institutions', customers', and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner
• Prepare requested reports for buyers, management and customers
• Assist staff with questions they have regarding their daily activities
• Ad hoc requests from Buyers and Procurement Managers
• Perform other related duties as assigned
This is a great entry level position for a recent grad with a Supply Chain degree!
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0-6 months of experience in procurement or related area
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be eager and willing to learn
Preferred Qualifications :
- 6 months - 2 years of experience in procurement or related area
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in related field
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America’s leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what’s right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.