As a procurement specialist, you should be able to develop efficient procurement solutions and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. Ultimately, an outstanding purchasing specialist should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, be an analytical thinker, with high energy, uncompromised integrity and demonstrate a good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
Procurement Specialist Responsibilities:
- Liaising with internal teams to identify strategic needs and initiatives.
- Evaluating products and suppliers according to key business criteria maximize corporate volume purchases with strong cost reduction goals and tracking.
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic supplier relations
- Requesting quotes and negotiating purchase terms and conditions.
- Preparing, issuing, scheduling and tracking purchase orders.
- Monitoring supplier performance and resolving issues and concerns.
- Reviewing reports and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Complying with Cellofoam North America Inc. policies, procedures, core values and regulatory standards.
- Adhere to Cellofoam North America Inc. company focus of Safety, Financial, Customer and People.
Corporate Procurement Specialist Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a purchasing specialist or in a similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a similar field preferred.
- Logistics and Transportation Management experience.
- Good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- Maintaining confidentiality, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Great Plains and other application software, purchasing, and resource planning systems.
- Team player with strong organizational skills.