For over twenty years, DSI has provided specialized electrical utility and solar construction services to support some of the nation's leading contractors, private industry and public utilities. Our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is only rivaled by one of the highest safety ratings in the industry. The services we provide help to bring electric power and renewable energy sources to millions. Come join our team today!
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Business Unit
Location: Hope Mills, NC (Corporate Office)/Hybrid Remote (Possible)
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for sourcing suppliers, purchasing goods, and driving cost-savings ensuring the company operational needs are met. This role executes the purchasing strategy of the company considering price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply. Additionally, this role will work closely with the estimating team and project management team to ensure the timely placement of orders to ensure project timelines are met.
A successful Procurement Specialist displays exceptional knowledge of company procurement policies and relevant industry standards. Ultimately, an outstanding Procurement Specialist can identify opportunities to streamline the procurement process quickly and efficiently to ensure the company is receiving the best price, term, and quality product in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with estimating and project management teams to determine materials needed
- Purchase materials needed to support production for the Renewable Solutions and Energy and Infrastructure divisions
- Support the procurement function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact operations
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communication
- Monitor and advise on market trends that could present risk or opportunity to the company
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities with suppliers
- Accurately prepare and submit purchase orders in accordance with established policies and project timelines
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery and invoice issues on behalf of the company
- Compile data relating to suppliers' performance to enable evaluation
- Prepare reports and updates for leadership on a regular basis, or when requested
- Prepare and conduct predictive analytics.
- Handle special assignments and other duties as requested by leadership
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- A bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or related field (preferred) and 5 years of relatable experience or a minimum of 10 years relatable and equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of the construction/electrical/gas industry/HDD industry (preferred)
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Display strong problem-solving skills, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader
- Working knowledge of procurement, contract negotiation, and customer relations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid US Driver's license
DSI is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer
M / F / VET / DISABLED and a Drug Free Workplace