Supply Chain Manager
Global Specialty Fulfillment team at Amazon is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Supply Chain. This role involves regular communication with operation teams, tech teams, and project sponsors on status, risks and change control. The role requires ownership of sales and operations planning, inventory management and driving process improvements across the program. The supply chain manager will focus on deep diving forecasting performance to build robust output, by keeping plans, feedback and goals aligned between all stakeholders.
- Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
- Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
- Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
- Partners with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
- Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
This position is only available in Seattle.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- 3+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
- 3+ years of defining and implementing process improvement initiatives using data and metrics experience
- 2+ years of supply chain experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) at an advanced level and SQL
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years of driving end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership experience
- 3+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
- Experience building processes, project management, and schedules
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $62,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $150,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.