Lead Specialist, International Trade Compliance
Job Description Summary The International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is responsible for the compliant execution of global export controls and sanctions laws and regulations. The successful candidate will work closely within the ITC team and GEA programs/functions to compliantly apply international trade laws and regulations to support and drive international business. Job Description
Roles & Responsibilities : Consistent with the role of the ITC team, the primary tasks of Specialist – ITC include, but are not necessarily limited to):
- Work with senior members of the ITC team and relevant stakeholders to prepare authorization applications for approval to the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security
- Assist with the development of licensing strategies for compliant business execution
- Generate, maintain, and monitor U.S. Government export/import licenses, agreements, and certifications/annual reports
- Maintain records in accordance with U.S. Government regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Track, status, and provide reports and metrics associated with trade compliance activities
- Provide training on compliant execution of trade and sanctions regulations, as well as USG authorizations, including licenses, agreements, and exemptions/exceptions
- Assist with processing shipments for export, including filing AES
- Support process and procedure improvements and coordinate on implementation thereto
- Participate as part of a team in projects or initiatives of varying complexities.
These tasks are performed with some autonomy, but with oversight from more senior ITC professionals as needed and based on the employee’s experience and competencies.
- Status as a U.S. Person
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and 2-3 years of prior relevant trade experience
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and regulations administered by OFAC
- Commitment to compliance and integrity
- Strong judgement and analytical skills
- Customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Commitment to self-development, learning, and growth
- Adaptable and capable of managing multiple inquiries and assignments in a time pressured environment
- Experience with and/or in the application of ITC regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs) in high volume environments
- Knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, and/or OCR EASE
- Willing to take on challenges
- Ability to adapt and grow in an expanding organization
The salary range for this position is $101,800, $135,900, $169,900. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. [If applicable] In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
- GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).