Clinical Supply Specialist - Trade Analyst
Clinical Supply Specialist - Trade Analyst
3 days ago(8/11/2023 3:20 PM)
Location : Location
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Must be local to PA/NJ/DE
Hybrid role will require 3 days in our West Point, PA office in the future.
What will you be doing?
You will be primarily responsible for reviewing U.S. import shipment documents, determining appropriate import requirements based on commodity and shipment details, then communicating that to customs brokers, stakeholders and/or shippers. You will track the shipment release status through the Customs clearance process. Trade Analysts are responsible to adhere to company policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with governmental regulations. Position provides customer service in support of product quality and supply chain principles.
What do you need to have?
- Uses Company tools and systems to verify or obtain the data needed to submit entries to U.S. Customs.
- Provides technical expertise to shippers, receivers, and project teams regarding the U.S. Customs and Other Government Agency (FDA, USDA, F&W, DEA) import clearance requirements for all commodities (equipment, supplies, capital equipment, finished goods, API bulk drug substance, research samples, clinical research materials, marketing and training materials) to support ongoing and evolving company business processes.
- Collaborate daily with research sites, vendors, stakeholders, receivers, brokers/freight forwarders, to ensure timely delivery of supply chain items (ie. raw materials, production components, intermediate and finished product), research and marketing shipments, and miscellaneous commodities.
- Actively facilitates resolution of unforeseen operational impediments to minimize supply chain interruptions.
- Supports import trade compliance transactional and audit activities.
- Participates on an ad hoc basis with Trade planning for new global trade activity resulting from cross functional project teams, including source change, new product, manufacturing site selection, basic research, clinical trials, divestiture, and capital projects.
- Records activities for the purposes of trend analyses, performance metric reports, and productivity evaluations.
- Supports creation of new shipment lanes with Logistics' strategic providers and internal/external parties.
- Supports the investigation of corrective action/preventative action as applicable.
Education and Work Experience:
- Experince with customs/trade compliance, and importing or exporting.
- Experience in clinical development and/or clinical supplies or logistics.
- Prior supply chain, logistics, or operations knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft applications; ERP & CTMS are highly desirable
- Proven organization skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Understanding of cGMPs
Our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.