Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trade Finance Analyst will work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the global trade flow pool meet the needs of the company's various funding structures. In this role, you will establish and maintain relationships with company's businesses globally and external parties and interact daily with various teams within trade and capital markets group, including traders, different structuring teams, the risk investor group and transaction management.
- Proficient understanding of GSM-102 program requirements from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Submit and review registration applications, as well as pay respective fees. Ensure appropriate documents are issued on time (e.g. evidence of export).
- Work with traders and transaction management teams to prioritize for optimal trade flow allocation by understanding the specific requirements by trade capital market bank and corporate counterparties.
- Prepare related documentation for trade and capital markets group counter parties, assist in reviewing shipping documentation.
- Ensure that tax and legal approvals and regulatory requirements for structures and related trade flow patterns are taken into consideration and local implications are well understood and consistently applied.
- Ensure payment is made to the counterparties in line with trade and capital markets group and the company policies and procedures.
- Collate business trade flow patterns, volume, details and involvement in coordinating flows that are available for use.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience in the GSM-102 program from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Experience in trade finance, forwarding or trade execution.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.