Trade Analyst Model Development Technical Lead
Businesses face challenges every day building responsive and agile IT capabilities to grow and stay ahead. Since everyone has access to the same tools, your competitive advantage directly depends on how you apply technology – on the people leading, supporting and optimizing your IT initiatives. USM Business Systems, established in 1999, is an industry-leading private talent management firm, specializing in providing unique IT turnkey solutions, IT staffing solutions, and Talent management insights, enabling you to sustain a truly competitive advantage in this fast-moving environment. USM has offices throughout the US and offshore delivery centers in India. USM is a certified Minority Business Enterprise and is a CMMi Level 3 Organization.
USM is recognized as one of the fastest growing IT Temporary Staffing firms in the US and most recently was ranked #3 on the list of the Top Temporary Staffing firms in the DC Metro Area – Washington Business Journal (2016).
Position: Trade Analyst Model Dev Tch Ld - 5339BR
Location: Mclean, VA
Duration: Fulltime/ Perm hire
- Develop interfaces, and APIs to enable internal and external communication of trading platform components for all I&CM trading desks (located in New York and McLean, VA).
- Collaborate with other members of the trading platform development teams to design and implement the protocols of communication used in I&CM applications
- Deploy, manage and optimize middleware / messaging infrastructure including queues, message brokers in support of a virtualized or containerized micro-services architecture
- Develop API software in the languages required by the trading platform development teams.
- Promote industry-leading design practices for mission-critical infrastructure, including:
- Resilience: solution must be highly available with minimal downtime
- High Performance: solution must support real-time messaging, e.g. market data
- Reliability: solution must be recoverable / provide reliable and/or guaranteed services
- Scalability: solution must scale maintain performance with large data volumes
- Develop, and maintain high-quality software code and supporting automated tests (including Unit, Functional, Performance, Acceptance) for trading platform components
- Perform detailed reviews; challenge code and test quality, efficacy and coverage
- Actively seek opportunities to continuously improve technical quality of the trading platform
- 5+ years’ experience implementing configuring, and tuning enterprise middleware components
- Expert knowledge of application messaging models (e.g. p2p, publish/subscribe)
- Knowledge of industry-standard messaging tools protocols (e.g. AMQP, MQTT, STOMP, FIX)
- Knowledge of reliable and guaranteed messaging solutions (e.g. Solace, 29 West, Tibco RV/EMS)
- Experience designing highly available service oriented architectures (SOA) and interfaces
- 5yrs+ experience and expert understanding of OOP and OOD concepts
- 5yrs+ experience and expert level programming skills in Java, C#, C++ or similar
- BSc in Computer Science or similar
If you are interested in the below position please forward your profile to ksudheer@usmsystems(dot)com or call me on 703 831-3101.