Senior Manager, Global Marketing (Lip)
At Revlon, we create beauty innovations for everyone that inspire confidence and ignite joy every day.
Breaking beauty boundaries is in our company’s DNA. Since its game-changing launch of the first opaque nail enamel in 1932 (and later, the first long-wear foundation), Revlon has provided consumers with high-quality product innovation, performance, and sophisticated glamour. Elizabeth Arden made waves as a woman-led beauty company in the 1920s. In 1931, Almay became the original hypoallergenic, fragrance-free beauty brand.
Today, Revlon resiliently continues its legacy as a leading global beauty company. Our diverse portfolio—which consists of some of the world’s most iconic brands and product offerings in color cosmetics, skin care, hair color & care, personal care, and fragrances—is sold around the world through prestige, professional, mass, and direct-to-consumer retail channels. These brands include Revlon, Revlon Professional, Elizabeth Arden, Almay, American Crew, CND, Cutex, Mitchum, SinfulColors, Creme of Nature, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, John Varvatos, Juicy Couture, Ed Hardy and more.
We honor our heritage, embrace change, and applaud diversity. We champion our employees and celebrate our consumers.
We are Revlon, together, transforming beauty.
At Revlon, we believe in the transformative power of beauty which connects us to the world and enables us to realize our best selves. We are nimble and bold with a deep passion for beauty and strive for excellence in all we do. We are strategic brand builders, developing brands that delight consumers around the world.
- Leadership role reporting to the brand director that manages all aspects of the marketing mix and 3-year product pipeline: develop NPD innovation strategy and go-to-market big ideas to achieve brand objectives, with responsibility for core inline portfolio and innovation.
- Provide category expertise and leadership, analyzing the global portfolio and competitive category to make recommendations on new product launches, pricing strategy and portfolio rationalization based on sales and profit analysis.
- Manage the development and execution of the category’s new product development process from ideation to launch including (but not limited to) developing concept/claims/storytelling, creative and pack design brief based on consumer insights, and financial business case recommending cost of good and pricing targets.
- Review existing portfolio and make recommendations to optimize portfolio performance.
- Manage weekly calls with industry team to make sure NPD is delivered on time.
- Collaborate with all cross functional partners to drive business initiatives forward. (inclusive of R+D, PD, Legal, Claims, Operational Marketing, Sales, Finance, Insights Teams) .
- Manage country requests and develop strong relationships with US market and regional zone leads.
- Keep a pulse on international business performance and provide recommendations.
- Lead brand asset development in partnership with Internal Creative Agency, including providing support with product packaging and advertising briefings, photo shoots, and tool kit creation.
- Deliver strong e-commerce and digital 1st marketing content taking into account brand guidelines and brand equity building blocks.
- Monitor and analyze sales volumes, market trends, digital and promotional initiatives, and competitive activity with emphasis on utilizing data to drive action.
- In partnership with Sales and Trade Marketing, identify trade needs/ opportunities; develop pricing and distribution strategies, prepare presentations for cycle and strategy meetings with retailers
- Work with our insights team to drive market research and validate launch initiatives.
- Manage Marketing budgets and Brand P&L
- Lead, develop and coach direct reports
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to innovate, develop and execute against all product initiatives with strong follow though
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to lead and work collaboratively with large cross functional teams, work independently, and take initiative when appropriate.
- Track record with prior beauty product development
- Strong knowledge of product development timelines
- Experience with reviewing color targets, color standards for packaging development (Potential future travel to carton print suppliers for press runs may be needed on a case-by-case basis)
- Experience with concept writing + claims communication development
- Strong eye for aesthetics and attention to details with knowledge of packaging print production
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to management.
- Experience working on creative briefs
- Knowledge in all areas of marketing including the ability to provide analytical insights (Ability to turn insights from market research into action), develop and implement marketing programs.
- Creative strategic thinking and flexibility – ability to multitask and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Time/project management skills and ability to prioritize projects as necessary
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with executive presence and ability to influence
- Knowledge of, advertising and sales and their marketability, sales and expense budgets, inventory, profit and loss
- Leadership experience managing team members
- Creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial approach to driving business
- Knowledge of market trends and consumer preferences
- Excel, PowerPoint, Nielsen or IRI
- 6-7 years’ experience in marketing or brand management, minimum 2 years as brand manager
- Must be passionate about beauty/personal care industry
Minimum Education Required:
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is ideal.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in brand management, minimum 2 years in brand manager role
The base pay range for this position in New York City is $115,000 and $145,000/ year; however base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. Certain positions may also be eligible for short and/or long-term incentives as part of total compensation.