Global Product Manager Precision Fastening (6097)
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Global Product Manager – Precision Fastening Assembly Tools
Location: Hampton, NJ
Sector: Power Tools SBU
Ingersoll Rand’s Power Tools Business Unit is searching for a Global Product Manager to provide strategic and tactical product management leadership focused on driving growth in the precision fastening assembly Tool Category. Strategy and product planning are key elements of this role with the goal of developing a long-term vision for the portfolio, identifying where to play and how to win.
As the Product Manager for Precision Fastening Business in the Power Tools Industry, you will play a crucial role in driving growth and innovation in the precision fastening assembly Tool Category. Your main responsibilities will include developing and executing product strategies, leading new product projects, conducting market research, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will have the opportunity to shape the long-term vision for the portfolio and identify disruptive innovation opportunities to meet end-user needs. This role will work closely with sales, marketing and customer experience across regions to align priorities to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met, as well as work closely with engineering and operations to deliver new products to market and identify opportunities for margin expansion. This person should possess strong analytical skills to allow him/her to make informed decisions and will be accountable for meeting or exceeding the category’s revenue, margin, and market share targets.
will be accountable for meeting or exceeding the category’s revenue, margin, and market share targets.
- Drive the implementation of the global precision fastening assembly Tool strategy, ensuring seamless alignment and execution across all relevant stakeholders.
- Perform in-depth analysis of industry, market, and competitor landscapes to identify key trends and opportunities in the precision fastening assembly tool sector.
- Take part in the development and execution of a dynamic multi-generational product and technology pipeline, with a focus on disruptive innovation and meeting unmet end-user needs
- Take ownership of key new product projects from ideation to commercialization, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure successful product launches.
- Analyze the revenue and profitability of the precision fastening assembly tool product portfolio, taking full responsibility for the product portfolio P&L.
- Take part to Develop and implement a comprehensive pricing strategy and actions by region and channel, maximizing profitability and market competitiveness.
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations in support of long-range plan development and the annual operating plan process.
- Collaborate closely with regional product management and marketing teams to identify and implement strategic acceleration programs to drive global growth for precision fastening assembly tools.
- Work hand-in-hand with engineering teams to identify productivity and optimization opportunities within the product line, actively participating in value analysis/value engineering processes (VAVE).
- Partner with operations to optimize sales and inventory planning, coordinate value stream events, and leverage strategic stocking opportunities for enhanced supply chain management
- Develop a Clear Value Proposition: Clearly communicate the unique value and benefits of the product to the target audience. Highlight how it solves their pain points or fulfills their needs better than existing solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in the power tools industry with a focus on assembly tools.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to develop and execute product strategies that drive business growth.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret market data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading successful new product development projects from concept to launch. • Strong financial acumen and understanding of P&L management.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and influence stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of lean methodologies and continuous improvement practices.
- Proactive and result-oriented mindset, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.