Samson & Surrey Trade Marketing Manager
This is an office/hybrid role located at our Samson & Surrey office in Miami, FL.
What the Role Is
The Samson & Surrey Trade Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for the Commercial Communication & Execution of the annual brand and operating plans for the company. This position acts as the key liaison between the marketing department and field teams. The Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) plays an integral role in the brand planning efforts alongside Marketing & Sales leads, and importantly, manages the deployment, and any customization needed, of the annual brand plans into key regions & markets to meet the volume & revenue targets. Simply put, where brand building meets brand selling is what the TMM helps the organization navigate best.
How You Will Spend Your Time?
- Establish a ways-of-working process with the commercial team that creates efficient communication, facilitates the execution of local requests, within reason, and helps maintain a seamless working relationship between Sales, Advocacy & Marketing.
- Filter & communicate field needs throughout the organization to ensure key stakeholders are informed and to secure additional investment as needed.
- Responsible for the localization of national programs, as well as supporting the commercial team in their local programming.
- Develop channel strategies, programming, and brand point of sale to deliver both brand marketing priorities, maintaining brand standards, and sales team needs.
- Responsible for managing areas of the A&P on a fiscal basis, inclusive of planning investments, providing rationale, as well as tracking and reconciling spends.
- Act as the Brand liaison as needed with Distributor management.
- Key Projects will include:
- on and off premise programming development (building brand concepts and activations, retail toolkits)
- drink strategies
- brand experiential elements & local market event plans
- manage commercial introduction of innovation items and new packaging
- assist in deploying brand education platform
- brand asset accessibility (in coordination with Brand Manager)
- distributor marketing programs (such as truck wraps)
- point of sale tools/tactics development
- BTL budget oversight
Who You Are…
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in bev alc or related industry.
- Previous experience in sales, trade marketing, or field marketing, preferably in spirits
- Strong understanding of the spirits industry commercial landscape and must possess a general understanding of brand marketing.
- Must be comfortable navigating strategic conversations with brand and upper management (internal and external).
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the continental US will be required
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and use of computer; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental & Vision eligibility from day one
- 401K match
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Heaven Hill and its affiliates are committed to
fostering a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We
invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, natural origin, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected