Senior Global Product Manager, Cardiovascular - Upstream
Senior Global Product Manager, Cardiovascular - Upstream
Join Cordis, a global leader for more than 60 years in the development and manufacturing of interventional cardiovascular technologies, pioneering ground-breaking products and solutions to treat and save billions of lives worldwide. As a GSM Cardio Upstream leader, you will drive upstream product management, leading active New Product Development projects, preparing global launch materials, and securing VoC inputs for our global cardio products. Responsibilities include customer needs identification, leading VoC/market research initiatives, supporting and co-leading product development projects, product life-cycle management, portfolio/strategic planning, pricing strategy, and product positioning that supports our global footprint.
• Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes and accountability to meet forecasts and budgets.
• Develop global portfolio strategy for cardiovascular products, working with both regional marketing leaders and other internal and external experts.
• Utilize market trends and customer insights to determine product/service lifecycle implications and make recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
• Conduct primary (VoC) and secondary market research to uncover customer and business insights; translate those insights into products and programs that deliver growth for the portfolio.
• Translate market and customer needs across multiple regions into clearly defined product requirements and portfolio strategy.
• Perform financial/business analyses including business case development to support prioritization of innovation areas, cost reduction opportunities and/or product phase-out.
• Translate market and customer needs into clearly defined product requirements, clinical objectives, product claims, go-to-market strategies, and sales enablement tactics to support new product development process and launch readiness.
• Drive key elements of new medical device global product launches, including pricing strategy and positioning.
• Support global portfolio commercialization and planning process – understanding and analyzing competitive landscape
• Create metrics and track US and global business planning and performance, realign, reinforce messages, and improve plans if needed, to meet or exceed financial targets.
• Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Global Regional Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Sales, Inventory Planning, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Legal, and others.
• Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the business.
• Take informed risk and execute at pace.
• Become a subject matter expert, developing strong understanding of the industry trends, current and future therapie
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Pivot tables, vlookups, & PowerPoint
• Strong customer focus and orientation
• Self-driven and solution-oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strategic/Critical Thinking Skills
• Ability and confidence to work with and present to physicians, cross-functional leaders, and executive Board Members
• Flexibility to roll up sleeves and wear multiple hats
• Demonstrated innovative, creative, and flexible approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong decision making and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and balance workload
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to work as a team member and be very flexible, adaptable, and to work under pressure
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Conscientious approach to work assignments.
• Enjoy challenges of multitasking and working at a fast pace while staying flexible to shift tasks frequently
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
• Willing to travel 20-40%
• 5+ years relevant experience in medical device product management, preferably with 3+ years of upstream product marketing experience.
• Cardiovascular medical device experience desired
This role can be remote in the United States
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why Join Cordis?
For more than 60 years, we have been building interventional vascular technology that offers higher quality and less invasive experiences for people around the world. With a global reach and vast network of resources, we empower you to do your best work and unleash your full potential. Do you want to grow your career surrounded by a supportive team of subject matter experts? Then join us and let’s improve the wellbeing of millions, together.
Cordis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all teammates and applicants. At Cordis, our teammates all bring different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All our teammate’s points of view are key to our success, and we believe inclusion is everyone's responsibility. Together, we strive to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Cordis customers that receive Medicare/Medicaid funding may be subject to federal COVID-19 workforce vaccination requirements. Accordingly, this role may require being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualifying for an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, subject to the availability of alternative preventive measures that sufficiently mitigate the risk of virus spread to avoid direct threat to the health and safety of the employee in the role and others with whom the employee would have in-person contact.