Global Accounts Manager
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Works on diverse scope of activities, evaluates the data to get right insights working with other stakeholders and develops and executes sales strategy for our Tier 1 retail customer accounts and leads the dedicated Global account sales team to grow UL’s business across the full suite of product and service offerings.
▪ Develops and drives global, integrated, 3-5-year account strategy plans for assigned accounts
▪ Identifies broader trends , customer needs and opportunities across the global footprint of retail customers and reflects them up to Account management leadership
▪ Builds high touch relationships, earns trusted advisor status and loyalty from senior-level customer leadership
▪ Identifies centers of influence within retail customer organizations and give feedback to UL’s executive leadership
▪ Builds UL’s relationship with customer buying centers, with the support of an extensive and highly dedicated account team
▪ Maintains industry ties/connectionsin retail industry to understand market trends and anticipate tailwinds and headwinds across all markets
▪ Builds on customer relationships to ensure successful renewals and identify future sales opportunities
▪ Identifies opportunities and leads sales of integrated solutions to assigned Global tier customer accounts
▪ Coordinates and supports team member sales on deals with require specific expertise and/or geographic coverage
▪ Uses sales plays to drive sales for relevant regions, subsidiaries, and/or branches of assigned accounts
▪ Coordinates with regionally focused sales leaders to drive sales for relevant regions, subsidiaries, and/or branches of accounts
▪ Makes connections with relevant salespeople, utilizing their unique specializations and knowledge to close sales
▪ Participates in quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with sales management to update account plans, and improve sales execution
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Experience in and deep understanding of the retail industry
- 6-8 years of sales experience and/or demonstrated account management capability
- Established sales leader with the ability to make sales of testing/inspection/certification services
- Proven ability to manage and sell into large, diverse accounts, in close coordination with the account teams
What you’ll experience working at UL:
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
The target annual pay range for this position is $165,000 - $220,500 which includes a base salary of $110,000 - $147,000 and 100% on target performance.
Members of the sales function are eligible to participate in the UL Solutions Sales Incentive Plan. The annual target incentive for this position is 50% of the base salary, paid quarterly, and is contingent upon performance. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.