International Transportation Analyst
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
International Transportation Analyst
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunities for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
eBay is seeking an experienced candidate interested in redefining global shipping and making international commerce seamless for buyers and sellers. The qualified candidate will bring their logistics experience as well as data analytics expertise to support world-class international transportation solutions and supply chain capabilities.
The International Transportation Analyst will support the US Exports team in operating a cost effective and reliable transportation network for small parcels from our domestic cross-dock facility to international buyers. This role will require understanding the overall Global Transportation strategy and finding opportunities to ship packages faster and cheaper while delivering on-time to meet customer promises. This role will support with continually identifying operational, service, and process improvements in relation to customer experience enhancement in a cost-effective environment.
- Manage global transportation network to optimize for SLA attainment on critical metrics (cost, reliability, performance, and speed)
- Manage delivery date promise model which optimize for on-time delivery and checkout conversion
- Lead initiatives to improve customer experience through improvements in capacity distribution and delivery experience
- Identify gaps in global transportation capacity and work with internal/external teams to mitigate gaps
- Partner with all stakeholder - carriers, finance, technology, and other business teams to drive initiatives to improve carrier performance
- Be the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the global Transportation network and inspire changes to the carrier mix across our network by designing plans which optimize for key metrics
- Manage volume plans by carrier for future time frames to ensure accuracy and validity of plans while managing for key metrics
- Coordinate with cross-dock operations, TMS provider and delivery service providers to optimize process flows
- Liaison between cross-dock operations and delivery service providers to minimize handover issues, return / non-shippable volume, supplies and delay in processing
- Apply analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop cases.
- 2+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation-Logistics, or Inventory Management
- 2+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts, i.e., forecasting, planning, operations, optimization, and logistics
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements and perform root cause analysis
- Experience managing cross-functional programs, including external and internal partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other related fields
- Demonstrated experience working with data analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, & SQL
- Experience working independently and self-motivating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and ambiguous environment
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Research, MBA or related field
- Experience in Transportation and Carrier Management
- Experience solving problems with innovative solutions
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes: HI, NM)" excludes residents of Hawaii and New Mexico.