Director, Global Trade Compliance Counsel
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working At Dentsply Sirona You Are Able To
Develop faster - with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better - as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry - with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
The Director, Global Trade Compliance Counsel, will be responsible for providing legal advice and strategic counsel on trade compliance matters to Dentsply Sirona. This position will be responsible for working closely and collaboratively with Supply Chain, Legal, Compliance, Finance, and IT team members in the global and regional teams, as well as manage outside counsel, as necessary.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, based in the United States, and be part of the Global Ethics & Compliance leadership team. This position will ideally be based in the United States (but can also be based in another one of Dentsply Sirona’s locations globally or work remotely).
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide effective legal counselling and advise the company on trade compliance matters, including preferential trade arrangements (e.g., USMCA), export controls, US/EU/UK sanctions, export licensing, customs matters, anti-boycott compliance, and transfer pricing.
- Advise on and oversee the preparation and submission of required license applications, reports, disclosures and other regulatory filings to US and foreign customs and trade regulators.
- Engage with the regulatory authorities on behalf of the company where and when necessary.
- Manage outside counsel engaged on sanctions and trade compliance matters.
- Develop, implement and maintain trade compliance-related policies, procedures and guidance.
- Ensure contractual agreements are aligned with applicable sanctions, trade restrictions, and anti-boycott legislation.
- Develop and provide compliance training and communications to company personnel on applicable trade compliance laws, regulations, enforcement actions, and company policies.
- Advise on third party screening and due diligence, and partner with Global Ethics & Compliance team members to investigate and remediate trade compliance-related red flags.
- Participate in periodic risk assessments as a subject matter expert on trade compliance.
- Support M&A trade compliance due diligence and integration.
- Support internal and external audits of Dentsply Sirona’s businesses.
- Actively monitor developments related to trade compliance enforcement and other related matters, and draft summaries/updates for key internal stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required.
- Juris Doctorate (or international equivalent) required.
- Currently admitted to practice law in at least one state in the United States or the District of Colombia.
- 10+ years’ legal and/or compliance experience.
- In-house compliance experience in the life sciences/healthcare/medical device industry preferred.
- People management experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and experience advising on laws and regulations related to international trade, including: import/export controls, export licensing, customs, anti-boycott, and sanctions.
- Experience interacting with senior management and being a trusted business partner.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to express complex information and processes in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to respond to complex challenges with innovative solutions.
- Organized and detail oriented, with a high degree of ethics, integrity and professionalism.
- Highly motivated self-starter willing to meet strict deadlines and time constraints; must possess a positive, can-do attitude and show enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and work as part of a team, able to build relationships across and outside the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company through various formats.
- Must be fluent in English; foreign language skills strongly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel as required (estimated to be 10%).
The base salary and target annual incentive for this remote role is approximately $250,000+. This role is also eligible to participate in our Long Term Incentive program. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to
For California Residents
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, passport number and visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation); professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter, employment history, background check forms, references, certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at