Global Trade Services Sensors Import Manager
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Overview: We are building a world class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Sensors Import Manager plays a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the Sensors Business Unit (BU). We are currently building the GTS Sensors AMER Team. This position will report into the GTS Sensors Lead AMER.
The Trade Manager serves as a trusted advisor and key team member within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU. The purpose of this role is to facilitate TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with US import regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports into the Global Trade Services (GTS) Sensors AMER Lead and is a key member of the Global Trade Services (GTS) team. As part of the GTS AMER team, the Sensors Import Manager will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, and working together.
- Short DescriptionImplement and execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for Sensors BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Work with other functional teams to ensure compliance with customs requirements, including valuation, country of origin, product marking, and other applicable requirements.
- Act as a point of contact for BU stakeholders on trade-related matters.
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risk and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
What your background should look like:
Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)• 6+ years’ experience in global trade compliance• Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial, communications, transportation, or similar business• In depth knowledge of U.S. import Customs laws and can conduct jurisdiction and import classification
• Familiarity with US Customs laws (Import)
• Proven ability to work with variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement and finance
• Preferred: Project management skills
• Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
• Excellent organizational habits and priority management
• Customer focused with a commitment to quality
• Knowledge of Maquiladora’s and IMMEX programs is a plus
• Preferred: Customs Broker License other Customs / Trade certification
Travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a government export authorization is required prior to releasing items to the candidate. If TE determines that an authorization is required or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment conditional upon TE receiving required export authorization from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for an alternative position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.