Import Operations Specialist
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 40 - 50 hours/week
SALARY: $60,000 - $65,000 per year
LOCATION: This position may work 100% remotely from almost anywhere in the USA but must work eastern time zone hours
What separates our Import Team from its competitors is our support system. Our team, with the support of our leaders, is agile and responsive in meeting the high demands of this complex industry. As an Import Specialist, you will coordinate import shipments from origin to destination. Clients will rely on your expertise in ensuring their product is booked, routed, delivered and billed while building strong customer relationships, loyalty, and retention.
- Track and trace ocean, rail, trucking, and air shipments daily
- Working with approved freight forwarders, steamship lines, airlines, and trucking carriers to determine availability and freight rates
- Update sales team with container delivery status
- Ensuring timely pick-up of cargo
- Dispatching notifications to our network and carriers
- Working with customers, carriers, and warehouses to resolve issues with shipments
- Ensuring timely updates or shipment details and updating system timely to meet deadlines
- Forwarding completed shipment details to both internal colleagues and external customers
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to the process of establishing controls resulting in zero compliance issues
- Miscellaneous departmental duties such as reconciling billing, documentation, and closing out shipments as needed
- 3+ years of ocean import experience. Experience with Air import is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with clients, the sales and pricing teams, and other teammates.
- Experience with logistics scheduling, trucking coordination, planning, customer service, and/or freight management
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and on time
- A commitment to going above and beyond to fulfill client’s needs
- Self-driven with a strong willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of quoting/pricing import shipments including profitability margins
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
About Ol-usa Llc
OL USA is one of the fastest growing privately held International Logistics companies in the world. We streamline global commerce with our vast array of services and network of agents in over 140 countries, making us truly local, around the world.
We are headquartered in New York and have 15 domestic offices, 3 international offices, and dedicated partners strategically located across the globe. Our experience, expertise, resources, and market knowledge make us a truly global logistics solutions provider.
We are dedicated to maintaining and providing solutions to all our client's logistical needs. Our market advantage comes from our creative and individualized solutions combined with our technology to track and manage our customer shipments with the highest accuracy.
- Competitive healthcare benefits with a substantial company contribution, including medical, dental, vision.
- Life and AD&D, employer-paid
- Short- and Long-Term Disability; employer-paid
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 9 sick/mental health leave days
- Company paid holidays and other leave policies
- 401(k) with a Company match
OL-USA values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.