At Ascent, we solve supply chain challenges for thousands of customers worldwide. Ascent is a recognized supplier of the year for multiple Fortune 500 companies as well as a partner to thousands of small and medium-sized businesses. Ranked among the Top 100 Global 3PLs by Inbound Logistics as well as the Top 40 3PLs and Top 20 Freight Brokerages in North America by Transport Topics, Ascent's #1 market share in the North American ground and air expedite market has provided it the foundation to become the preferred logistics provider to a marquee portfolio of the world's largest and most sophisticated corporations. Ascent's offerings include truckload, less-than-truckload, global forwarding, air charter, specialized, brokerage, managed transportation and expedite solutions. The company moves over 430,000 shipments annually through its competitive PEAK freight marketplace. For more information about the company, please visit Ascent's website: www.ascentlogistics.com.
We elevate the world of logistics through passion and innovation.
We want to do more things and provide more solutions for more customers in more places around the globe with lower operating risk and flawless execution.
What You’ll Do
As a Carrier Sales Representative you will have the opportunity to source, negotiate, and secure carriers to transport client freight in a fast-paced trading environment. The position requires a highly motivated individual possessing negotiation skills and the ability to forge strong internal and external relationships across a truly diverse carrier community.
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals).
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers, and drivers).
- Leverage our global technology platform, Navisphere, along with data and other resources to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation and improve efficiency.
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements.
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system.
What You’ll Bring
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years industry experience
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- High energy and strong presentation skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Remains positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to find mutually beneficial solutions
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with experience identifying and resolving problems
- Demonstrated customer service etiquette, active listening, and commitment to excellence
- General knowledge of cargo load capability of various commercial truck types
- General capability to determine transit times and hours of service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with carriers, management, various departments, and customers
Ascent’s Competitive Benefits
- 401(k) and employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Overtime, Differential & Bonus Pay