Export Compliance Coordinator
We've determined which skillsets are most beneficial for this role. These skills are listed first below as the Must Haves and Nice to Haves our hiring team highly prefers. Below that you'll find the standard job description for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience, or, Associate Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- Ability to Determine U.S. Government requirements for situations related to export/imports activities.
- Ability to work in partnership with the EO, the legal counsel and the Segment Trade Director when any violation or potential for a violation has been identified.
- Adept at utilizing computer software applications, e.g., Adobe, Web-based applications, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Experience/familiarity with U.S. trade regulations (ITAR and EAR) in a working situation.
- Ability to learn different products groups and their related capabilities for the specific location from which they work.
- The ability to effectively coordinate simultaneous activities, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment while working independently.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
Nice To Haves
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 0-2 years of prior related experience. * Experience with Teamcenter, EASE is helpful - or ability to quickly learn systems.
An ECC (Export Compliance Coordinator), has the responsibility for assisting the Empowered Official to meet their goals of developing, implementing, and managing export/import compliance and controls, including but not limited to the specific responsibilities as defined in Corporate Policy. The ECC must be able to work effectively with a cross-functional team to keep L3Harris in compliance with U.S. trade regulations while also helping to foster international growth within the business. Essential Functions: * Determine U.S. Government requirements for situations related to daily export/imports activities to support the objectives or our locations goals.
- Process shipment paperwork using EASE for all exports of hardware.
- Submit to GTG (Global Trade Group) initial drafts and final license, agreement, and general correspondence, allowing adequate time for corporate and government review.
- Ensure compliance with approved license applications, agreements, general correspondence, and permits/licenses with limitations, provisos, and requirements.
- In conjunction with the EO, simultaneously notify the legal counsel and the Segment Trade Director when any violation or potential for a violation has been identified which could lead to a fine, penalty, seizure, and/or disciplinary action is, or has the potential to be, imposed upon the Corporation by the U.S. or foreign government for non-compliance with export/import requirements. Provide technical and other assistance necessary to support investigation and disclosure of potential violations.
- Support investigation and give other assistance necessary to address a potential or actual violation.
- Develop and conduct export/import and ITAR training consistent with corporate guidance, and that specific to this location regarding its products and services.
- Review export/import activities to determine if action needs to be directed to specific departments or individuals for potential inaccurate transactions associated to company activities. Self-audits will be conducted as required by corporate procedures to ensure those actions have been taken and are consistent.
- Works directly with shipping carriers and brokers to give direction on export/import clearances.
- Ensure that the export of controlled technical data via electronic means, e.g., e-mail, facsimile, or internet, has been approved for export under U.S. Government laws and regulations.
- Ensure all commercial exports for hardware, software and technical data have an official Jurisdiction Classification (JC) completed via segment Technical Specialist (TS).
- Reviews visitor requests to determine necessary course of action if the visitor is a Foreign National or other US Persons.
- Review all employee foreign travel, business or personal.
- The ECC per GTG policy must attend at least one internal Export/Import & Compliance Training Seminar and one external Export/Import & Compliance Training Seminar.
- The ECC per GTG policy must attend Annual International Licensing Conference to remain current with company Policies and U.S. Government Export/Import Laws and Regulations and maintain this appointment.
- Complete GTG Practitioner training suite within 6 months of employment. Please see our website for more job openings: https://altimetersolutions.com/job-board/