Sr. Specialist, Supply Chain
Changing lives. Building Careers.
Joining us is a chance for you to do important work that creates change and shapes the future of healthcare. Thinking differently is what we do best. To us, change equals opportunity. Every day, more than 4,000 of us are challenging what’s possible and making headway to help improve outcomes.
The Sr. Specialist, Supply Chain is a seasoned professional with complete and in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in Supply Chain (Planning, Inventory Management, Procurement, Logistics etc.), capable of assisting with supply chain improvements and development to ensure customer demand fulfillment is balanced with service, delivery, and stock performance. This individual will provide support to the cross-functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality) by creating a Production plan, keeping the Operations and Corporate Planning team updated with production performance and integrates their targets in daily plant activities. The Employee will help coordinate schedules and inventories to ensure efficient and effective schedule implementation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing and Quality staff to ensure successful completion and on-time delivery of daily/ monthly build, being the primary point of contact and liaison for these departments.
- Develop Daily communication schedule with other departments to establish plans that allocate available resources to best serve customer needs.
- Assist in adherence to forecasts/safety stock and MTO builds and recommend/execute alternatives if schedule exceeds capacity.
- Coordinate efforts with buyer/planner to investigate and alleviate material and off-site service shortages impacting the schedule.
- Help develop and implement best practices and processes to improve efficiency in the existing Supply Chain (e.g., apply intermediate level knowledge of distribution/ logistics principles to reduce costs and increase on-time delivery).
- Assist Operations management in developing capacity models and metrics to drive execution to plan, while maintaining inventory and on time delivery targets.
- All other tasks / duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain or Masters degree with 3+ years of experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain or Doctoral degree with 0-2 years of experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain
- Working knowledge in an MRP environment, Oracle experience preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail- oriented and able to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment.
- Training in JIT, TQM, Kanban, Kaizen, and Lean desired.
Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently. Ability to work in any manufacturing areas, including the Cleanroom spaces and labs. Routine activities include but are not limited to using computers, standing, walking, writing by hand, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects, using ladders or any equipment that can assist in safely reaching to product.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
Potential exposure to temperature changes (from ambient temperature to outside conditions or entering/ exiting refrigerated/ temperature-controlled areas)