Supply Chain Manager
For over 100 years, West Suburban Medical Center has supported generations of families in the Oak Park and surrounding areas. Our kind, caring hospital staff have a passion to heal and make a difference in our community. We understand that our employees are the heart of our facility. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, a company committed to professional growth and a culture that embraces our five core values of Quality. Innovation. Service. Integrity. Transparency.
***This job will travel between Weiss Memorial Hospital and West Suburban Medical Center.***
Reporting to the Executive Director Supply Chain Management CHI Region and according to the established policies and procedures plans, organizes, directs and controls activities of personnel engaged in inventory management, shipping and receiving. Responsible for storing, transporting, distributing and maintaining proper inventory as well as the availability of hospital supplies. Assures proper inventory and availability of hospital supplies.
- Level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of an Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressive growth experience in a hospital setting in order to acquire a thorough knowledge of:
- Hospital equipment and supplies
- Inventory systems
- Operating Room supplies and suppliers
- Managerial and supervisory skills pertaining to areas of responsibility highly desirable
- The analytical and quantitative skills necessary to develop the departmental budgets. Develops departmental goals, plans, and monitors and directs Central Supply, Warehouse Receiving, Print Shop, and Mail Room.
- The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of hospital personnel while maintaining an effective working relationship including but not limited to other department managers, Nursing division personnel, Operating Room staff and physicians. Possesses the ability to coordinate with external parties and agencies for required results.
- The managerial skills necessary to plan, organize, coordinate and direct the effective integration and operation of units within Central Supply, Warehouse, Receiving, and Mail Room.
- Demonstrates the WMH Customer Service Values, which are key in providing quality service to patients and customers. *
- * Works in conjunction with superior and subordinate supervisory personnel to develop departmental short and long-term goals.
- Develops, secures approval of and administers a departmental budget which provides for the attainment of agreed-upon goals in accordance with approved plans. Collaboratively works with superior regarding capital expenditures.
- Formulates policies for the department and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Hires, promotes, demotes, separates and writes/administers performance evaluations to subordinate staff as necessary within their assigned area.
- Develops the administration of goals and objectives and evaluates the criteria to achieve goals. Conducts daily rounds of all areas to ensure proper implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with departmental heads and outside accounts regarding adequate “PAR” (inventory) levels.
- Supervises the distribution activities including par-level, performs, and non-stock deliveries.
- Ensures that weekly cycle counts are performed for ten percent (10%) of the perpetual inventory.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department regarding vendor backorders, packaging problems, returned goods protocol and other vendor concerns. Maintains accounting and records of all returned goods sent back to vendor. Accountability includes appropriate audit trail is maintained.
- Responsible for physical inventory of perpetual inventory on a semi-annual basis to include reconciliation.
- Implements all new programs and monitors/reviews effectiveness.
- Manages all inventory control procedures for the department(s). Analysis includes but not limited to formulation of reorder quantities, requests to expedite materials, par-level changes and deletion of slow-moving inventory.
- Oversees the accounting for general stores ensuring the efficient and timely receipt and subsequent delivery of hospital supplies and materials.
- Develops, fosters and maintains strong communication between all areas of the Supply Chain Management team.
- Assists in investigating and determining the advisability of:
- Purchasing new supplies
- Deleting items from stock
- Other supply related actions
- Completes cycle counts as determined.
- Completes daily inventory orders.
- Communicates with the Purchasing Department in relation to supply orders related to the physical inventory to include review of the backorder report.
- Assures the compliance of standards established by various committees as well as State and Federal licensing boards.
- Develops and maintains continuing education programs for people relations, environmental sanitation control and safety within all areas of the department.
- Develops and directs the preparation of departmental records as well as specialty and recurring reports and analysis of subsequent findings ensuring that they are complete, accurate and timely. Reviews and interprets these reports in order to ascertain the extent to which departmental goals are being attained and takes corrective action when necessary.
West Suburban Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.