Supply Chain Internship 2024 (102886)
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Undergrad Supply Chain Internship Program (June-August 2024)
Location(s): Modesto, Fresno, Livingston, or Lodi Ca
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
We verify anticipated and/or graduation dates against your resume. Please include the month and year of your graduation.
Seeking Supply Chain Undergrads! We're on the hunt for talented, curious and resourceful individuals to take part in our Supply Chain Internship Program. Get ready to discover new ways of optimizing our operations and make your mark in the following departments:
Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain department is responsible for planning production for bottling, cellar and materials. They are the heart of the business that provides a linkage between the Business Unit and Operations. The Supply Chain Department is accountable for on-time delivery, inventory, and schedule stability. You will be working with our planning department to develop tools and processes to continue our path to Class A.
Warehouse Operations assumes a solid foundation in finished goods movement into and out of a robust supply chain system. Understanding basic warehouse principles around first in first out, product density and product velocity are a must have. The Warehouse Operations team is accountable for on-time delivery, inventory, and damages incurred to full goods stored and in transit. You will be working with our Operations teams to develop tools and processes to continue our path to a world class warehouse operation.
Global Customer Service
The Global Customer Service department is responsible for fulfilling Distributor/Retailer Gallo Winery Product needs through the entire Order to Cash process. They provide a vital linkage between the Winery’s Supply Chain department and our Customers and Winery Sales departments, while balancing and delivering Quality, Service, and Cost goals. You will be working with our Service team to ensure we are meeting superior customer service expectations by promoting sales, service and supply chain activities for internal and external customers for assigned territories or responsibilities.
New Product Development
New Product Development department leads cross-functional project teams to ensure New Products to market. This project management team is accountable for ensuring new products are delivered on-time while meeting quality expectations and ensuring to stay aligned with the Organization’s strategies. You will work with our team to develop tools and processes to continue to aid in our goals towards a better time to market.
Sales & Operations Planning
The Sales & Operations Planning department leads our Demand Management by facilitating a consensus forecast with Marketing, Sales and Business Unit leadership. This team is accountable for ensuring a valid demand signal is provided to cross-functional partners as well as enabling risk and opportunistic activities to achieve strategic plans. You will be working with our planning department to develop tools and processes to continue our path to Class A.
Sourcing & Contract Manufacturing
The Sourcing & Contract Manufacturing department is focused on proactively partnering internally with our stakeholders, and externally with our Suppliers, to deliver a winning consumer experience through world class procurement leadership. This team supports winery growth and innovation, delivering cost savings, improving supplier quality and service performance, and ensuring continuity of supply. Sourcing professionals across Direct, Indirect, and Contract Manufacturing areas provide our internal partners with end-to-end sourcing services, supplier selection through contract management, and partners with Accounts Payable for invoice settlement.
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $20 - $23 / hour
- Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data
Perks & Benefits
- In addition to the salary, this position may be eligible for bonuses and incentive plans, as applicable.
What You Will Need
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Operations Management.; OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Operations Management.
- Experience using SQL, databases or data visualization tools (eg PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy).
What Will Set You Apart
- Junior class standing at a college or university and working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management.
- Previous Internships or Experiences in the Supply Chain Management, Operations, or an Engineering Field.
- Advanced experience in data analytic tools (eg SQL, Tableau or similar tools).
- Experience gathering requirements, and designing data & information solutions to meet business needs.
- Record of delivering small and medium analytical solutions with business impact.
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and continuous improvement.
- Proven interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate in cross functionals team environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing winery objectives.
- Passion for problem solving and creating innovative techniques to solving winery objectives.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Requisition ID: 102886
Gallo’s policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in hair, blood, urine, or other bodily fluids as determined by a drug screening test (subject to federal and state law exceptions).
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Gallo is enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verifying program and will use the program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees as required.